“Love this little place”
Review of Mermaid Oyster Bar

Mermaid Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Mermaid Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #577 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Bleecker and Houston
Description: The Mermaid Inn is a spot-on rendition of a casual New England fish shack, complete with style, warm hospitality and classic seafood fare.
Washington, DC
“Love this little place”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

A tiny little place in a quaint neighborhood in the Village. We went early on a Friday and were surprised it wasn't as crowded as other reviews would imply (although it was full). We couldn't get a reservation (we waited too late) but waited only 30 mins and as luck would have it, at a prime table by the window. We found all staff to be very friendly and personable (unlike what others have posted here). Drinks were delicious from the spicy Mermaid Mary to the Hummingbird (one of the best drinks I've ever tasted - light, slightly sweet pear flavor, perfect for summer), incredible beers. Atmosphere was light, breezy and fun - great music. Oysters are incredibly fresh - some of the best we've eaten anywhere and we've been just about everywhere. Lobster roll was incredible - giant chunks of fresh lobster, roll was a little over toasted but so buttery tasting it didn't matter. Old Bay fries - yum. The salmon was fresh and incredibly tasty. The greens were so absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked I wish I had asked how they prepared them. Fish tacos were really fresh and great, too. And to top it off, a complimentary freshly made warm cocoa mousse/pudding served in a little demi cupwith a dollop of whipped cream - perfect ending to a perfect meal and evening. Can't say enough great things about this place.

• Visited August 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Must eat here during your NYC stay”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Although I do not eat shell fish, my friends promised me there would be plenty for me to eat. They of course ordered oysters (that's what they're known for) and just raved about how delicious they were. I ordered the gouda mac and cheese (divine!) and the asparagus for appetizers. For my main course I ordered the blackened salmon and it was delicious!

I wish I remembered the name of the waitress because she was attentive, quick, and lovely. For dessert she brought us complementary chocolate mousse (which was also amazing).

Located in a vibrant part of the city near the village. Highly recommend it!

New York, New York, United States
“Love it. ”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I am a regular at this place. I go here about once or twice a month on Mondays with my wife. We love this place. The best part is the pudding at the end. I recommend this place to everyone. They do change the menu from time to time.

Vancouver, Canada
“OK food”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Last week I had dinner with my son. The food was ok. Best dish was the tuna tacos a starter/appetizer. The fish was deep fried which I think in general is not the best way to prepare a fish. There was no fish knife which is crucial when you get a fish you have to fillet yourself. Weird. The bread was good and the beef dish was good.
The ambiance is nice as well. Service could be better if (smile).

• Visited July 2014
“Fresh oysters for $1! Come for happy hour stay for dinner”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was our second visit to Mermaid Oyster Bar. We arrived just at the end of happy hour for the dollar oysters and cleverly concocted cocktails. The oysters were fresh and oh so good and the cocktails were delish! We stayed for dinner and once again, we were not disappointed! The lobster roll was chock full of lobster and the fries were fabulous! The gazpacho and kale Caesar salad were fresh and yummy! Excellent quality food, outstanding service! We will be coming back!

1 Thank Lulujune