“Prepare your budget for an awesome meal.”
Review of Dovetail

Dovetail
Reserve with OpenTable
Dovetail is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #555 of 14,031 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Columbus Avenue
Transit: B & C trains to 81st Street and 1 train to 79th Street.
Description: Dovetail is a Michelin-starred restaurant operated by chef and proprietor John Fraser. Serving contemporary American fare through various prix fixe menus and located on Manhattan's Upper West Side, Dovetail received three stars from The New York Times as well as its first Michelin star in the 2011 New York Guide. Recently, Dovetail was recognized by The World of Fine Wine and given three out of three stars at the World's Best Wine List 2015.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I went to Dovetail knowing the meal would be expensive, and boy was it, but with such and exceptional meal, it was hard to complain about the cost. The experience was priceless.

The food was wonderful husband started with the we had six dishes, my husband had: The Fluke Crudo, The Gulf Snapper and kafir lime semifreddo all dishes perfect for his palate, ok for mine but I preferred my choices. The roasted beets, Halibut and soft chocolate ganache. Everything was scrumptious. I enjoyed our server- Aaron, incredibly knowledgable and the minimalist yet warm design of the restaurant.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The service, the food the quality, the ambience the location are all fantastic
Words fail me to fully describe the experience and I will definitely return
It is true to say quality costs but the cost did justify the ends

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We dined here several times. Always, wonderful food and wonderful service. Yes, price is a little bit high but this place is well worth. One great experience was Thanksgiving dinner two years ago. After superb meal, hostess handed us a goody bag on the way out. It was petite turkey sadwich on a bun. Next day, we had it for lunch with green salad. How wonderful treat it was! Oh, they prepared meal best for you. When taking order, server asks any special requirements. We said low sodium if possbile. She noted.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Well I thought a prix fix Sunday brunch menu would offer up a good indication of what to expect from a Michelin starred restaurant (yes my first) and I liked that the canapes and deserts turned out to be a selection of what was on offer for all to try. I ordered poached salmon, medium rare, for my entree but disappointingly, it arrived overcooked and therefore, dry. In the end though, the food that was served was enough to satisfy my appetite and was very tasty. However, when our bill came, it bore no relation to the advertised price for the meal and when we pointed this out to our waitress, she didn't seem to know what the charge should be and said she'd check the menu. This at a time when all patrons were there to avail themselves of the "fixed price" Sunday brunch which was the only menu on offer. When the waitress came back it wasn't to apologise for overcharging us $13 a head and $1 more for coffee than was on the menu, but to tell us a new bill was on its way and when it came, it was not she who brought it to us. So the food was interesting and satisfying, but the same cannot be said of the service, regrettably.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were looking for a nice restaurant close to Lincoln Center that wouldn’t be too expensive. This place was pricey but had a special Mon nite vegetarian-focused fixed price 4 course menu for only $46/person.
Service was formal but very welcoming and very accommodating. We told them we needed to be out in 1.5 hrs and they got us out right on the dot.
Food was amazing! The special menu allowed one to choose either a vegetarian or the “vegetarian focused” menu (meaning it included a little meat). We both chose the later.
They change the menu monthly so I won’t bother describing each course. But each was a marvelous combo of flavors that were distinct yet blended wonderfully. Servings were relatively small but just right for our tastes and since there were 4 courses it was more than enough food. It was one of the most enjoyable meals we’ve had in a long time and we will definitely go back.