“Average pub, good service.”
Review of Pig 'n' Whistle on 2nd - CLOSED

Pig 'n' Whistle on 2nd
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Just stopped by for a drink. Expensive even for New York. Beers $6 and they don't need to be. Weak mixed drinks $8 + just not worth it. They atmosphere is very nice and we had a god time there but costly. If you have money to burn I would say it is a good spot to hang out. The wait staff likes their customers and will serve you well. Bring out the wallet though.

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

A great place to stop and have a break in NYC. Good selection of beers. But it's the staff that make this place. Greg will be very attentive and have you in stitches with his yarns. Relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

We've been to a lot of pubs and grills. We stopped for a quick snack and a beer on a Saturday afternoon. I've got to say, it was very expensive, even compared to other pubs and bars in the same general area. The chips and guacamole were only so-so. It seemed that the server was trying to steer us toward a specific beer when he told me the one I wanted to order was not available. Overall, there are, in our opinion, far better places you can stop. Feel free to look at our other reviews, we are not people who only post negative comments, in fact most of our reviews are very positive...we just can't say that about this establishment. Sorry.

Reviewed July 31, 2016

I love the Pig N Whistles... I always have a good time at them.
Came to this Pig N Whistle on 2nd Ave recently and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Its dimly lit and dark wood inside... they have several TV's to watch a game... the staff is friendly, the food was good and the drinks were too! Great place to grab a bite and a beer with some friends or solo...

Reviewed July 29, 2016

My husband and I went for a relaxing drink. There was a singer playing a guitar, which was very noisy. The waitress was walking up and down all the time and you could not relax and have your drink.