“Fantastic Pre-theater Dinner”
Review of Il Melograno

Il Melograno
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Melograno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #843 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were in NY to see a Broadway show (Matilda - see it!!), and I found this place to get dinner before the show. It ended up being an excellent experience. The food was very good - the pasta freshly made, the appetizers interesting and the dessert also clearly freshly made. Quality ingredients, fresh preparation, friendly service, and very reasonable prices for the area. It is a small place, and the tables were quite close together - but rather than being offputting, I felt it leant the place some charm. I highly recommend it!

There are newer reviews for Il Melograno

Reviewed April 9, 2013

took family there since it is very close to where I rented apartment and had good reviews.Wehad no reservations and got in to last table and ejoyed it all. Every dish was tastey some with unique flavours. We all enjoyed the food and the little we had to drink. portions are smaller but I am told that is what you get with well prepared dishes. Left a bit hungry even after appetizer meal and dessert. Prices were reasonable for well done food.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Cozy and comfortable--but Glad we weren't at a table near the door. We were a party of six and the service was slightly inattentive at the very start. The tableware was modern, the napkins were paper--linen would have been nice. The menu was simple but diverse as well as reasonably priced, My husband had the mussel appetizer and sauce was Very rich in flavor. I had the pasta with duck and the waiter switched out the pasta for the fettuccine which was homemade. But the dish overall lacked any flavor. Cappuccino and gelato were as you would expect.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love this restaurant - always get excellent and tasty food whenever we go there. Especially love the pasta w shrimp in a saffron sauce. Great wines and dessert too.

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We went here on our first night in New York and went back twice more during our 10 days in New York. The food is fabulous, the simple pasta with tomato sauce was a personal favourite. The wine is well priced and a good selection. I could not fault this place and wish I could take it back home.