“Delicious vegan scones!”

Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was visiting NYC for the weekend and was going to a friend's house for brunch. She asked to bring scones... so I googled best scones in NYC and one of the results pointed to Alice's Tea Cup. We were heading up to see the Seinfeld restaurant the day before anyway so we decided to may it a stop on our way back to Brooklyn and purchased some takeaway scones.

We got the pumpkin, banana & strawberry, lemon & something, and one more scone. We had to keep them overnight in the hotel fridge (the fridge was more of a freezer, they froze the scones). Next day we heated them up in the oven and they were still yummy. Imagine if we at them fresh...

Only issue would be the location for visitors / tourists... it's not out of the way but it's also not the easiest to get to. But that didn't stop us.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I enjoyed breakfast twice and an afternoon tea at Alice's Tea Cup, and would happily go back regularly. The staff were all friendly and helpful, the food was fresh and tasty and the atmosphere very cute and quaint. Particularly appreciated the staff help in choosing a tea as they have a huge range. The pumpkin scone was just delicious, as were the cornmeal pancakes with berries.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Waiting time: Yes, you'll wait a few minutes. We all want to get in there.

Servers: A+

Favorite meal option: Mad Hatter's Tea Party for 2 (3 tiers full of scones, pastries, tiny tea sandwiches and a personal pot of tea

Decor: Adorable antique tables but amateurish wall art

Personal favorite: Chocolate Chip Scones!!! (cooked to perfection)

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This is my second trip to Alice's tea cup, the first in this location. Every time we visit New York we make it a point to come here. The sandwiches are great and the tea and scones are amazing. We usually get the tiers where you get multiple things to try. Definitely worth a stop.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I guess it is my own fault that I was disappointed in this place. I had somewhat high expectations. I was thinking it was going to be decorated like a scene from Alice in wonderland, with consistent decor. The decor truly didn't stand out and looked somewhat neglected. The food was good and tasty, while not overly priced. The employees can blow magic glitter over the kids to make them feel magical, but this place has so much more potential. The magical feeling was lost on us I have to say. Go for the food, not the experience.

1  Thank Foodieopolis