“Chocolate-chip Scones” 5 of 5 bubbles

Alice's Tea Cup
Ranked #43 of 579 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Fort Worth, Texas
“Chocolate-chip Scones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Waiting time: Yes, you'll wait a few minutes. We all want to get in there.

Servers: A+

Favorite meal option: Mad Hatter's Tea Party for 2 (3 tiers full of scones, pastries, tiny tea sandwiches and a personal pot of tea

Decor: Adorable antique tables but amateurish wall art

Personal favorite: Chocolate Chip Scones!!! (cooked to perfection)

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Cute place with tasty treats.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This is my second trip to Alice's tea cup, the first in this location. Every time we visit New York we make it a point to come here. The sandwiches are great and the tea and scones are amazing. We usually get the tiers where you get multiple things to try. Definitely worth a stop.

• Visited September 2013
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I guess it is my own fault that I was disappointed in this place. I had somewhat high expectations. I was thinking it was going to be decorated like a scene from Alice in wonderland, with consistent decor. The decor truly didn't stand out and looked somewhat neglected. The food was good and tasty, while not overly priced. The employees can blow magic glitter over the kids to make them feel magical, but this place has so much more potential. The magical feeling was lost on us I have to say. Go for the food, not the experience.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Foodieopolis
Edinburgh
“Cute little gem and amazing pancakes!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I loved this place, after a morning of walking lots it was time for a cup of tea and a snack...I reckon this placed topped it all! It's a very busy place and I can see why! When you walk in its very small and quaint, the decor has all the nice touches and overall s good vibe. I can't remember the tea that I ordered but the menu is endless! However, I do remember having the pumpkin pancakes, omg the best i have ever had topped with maple syrup.

I'm glad that i visited here and for anyone that has a sweet tooth then this is the place for you!

• Visited August 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
“Positive and Negative”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Cute little place. We ordered the tea for two that comes with sandwiches, scones, sweets and tea. The tea and scones list is excellent and the ones we ordered tasted great. However, the sandwiches were very tiny. The lox sandwich only had one piece of bread. The bread on the turkey sandwich was extremely dry and there was maybe one slice of turkey cold cut in it and the bread was small. The slice of chocolate chip cake with mocha icing cake was so-so and the cookies were average. We left hungry and on a sugar high. Service was excellent though.

• Visited August 2013