“Worth the very long queue! Delicious bagels for breakfast and brunch.”
Review of Murray's Bagels

Murray's Bagels
Ranked #37 of 391 Bakeries in New York City
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stumbled upon this little place after walking for what seemed like ages to find somewhere that served a nice brunch. We really fancied a bagel and were slightly put off when we saw the queue (11am on a Sunday) but it was worth the 20 minute wait.

We both had breakfast bagels, which were packed full of filling and excellent value for money. The service was efficient and with what looked like an established process for selection, order, payment and collection, and we were not sure why it took as long as it did. Maybe just unlucky with the timings. We were however lucky to get a seat which was a bonus. The coffee was superb too.

There are newer reviews for Murray's Bagels

Reviewed March 4, 2014

... in town. I never miss to come here for a bagel and oj breakfast whenever I am in NYC. My favorite is the cinnamon raisin with the maple walnut spread. Delicious, but long lines, especially on the weekend.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I make a pilgrimage to Murray's whenever I go to NYC and I'm never disappointed. Crunchy on the outside; soft on the inside. This is basically a to-go place with only a few tables so don't expect a restaurant or indulgent service - you order at a counter and pick your stuff up at the cash register. I recommend going after 10 am when the business traffic has calmed down. They will go light on the cream cheese if you ask, and although sable smoked fish is disappearing in a lot of delis and bagel places, Murray's still carries it. I usually get one sable sandwich to eat on the premises and another "dry" poppyseed bagel for the road. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

i was watching Food Paradise on TV one late evening and saw that Murray's Bagels was rated as the BEST on the east coast. Awesome fresh bagels and a large selection to choose from. They are the best I've ever eaten. If your in NYC you have to check out this place A+++.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Stroll into Murray's looking for a bagel toasted with cream cheese and a coffee for breakfast. The guy taking our order scowls at us and let's us know they only have fresh bakes and do not toast them at Murray's Bagels. Good for them bad for us I guess. They drag the things through a gross amounts of cream cheese and toss them to the counter by the register. This guy doesn't say a thing to us. We have to get his attention and tell him what we have. No bag, no hand off, we have to pick them up from the back side of the counter. Brutal and now my appetite is ruined. Went outside took one bite just to see what the buzz was about. It's an average bagel that certainly would have been better toasted. Go here only if you want to roll the dice on some seriously sketchy service.