“Best dinner bargain in town!”
Review of Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market
Ranked #87 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Welcome to your New York, NY Whole Foods Market! Founded in 1978 in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market is the leading retailer of natural and organic foods, the first national "Certified Organic" grocer, and uniquely positioned as America's Healthiest Grocery Store™.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had an extended stay in New York City, staying in a hotel and having to eat out every....single....night. That get's tired really really quickly!

One day I went in to Whole Foods (actually the one in Chelsea at 250 7th Ave) and found that their prepared foods department held an absolute bounty of culinary riches! From that day on I made it a daily stop on may way home from work. The folks there packed it up beautifully for me, had plastic flatware and napkins and sent me on my way! My expense account LOVED IT!

Now, prior to that, I had a choice of either eating outrageously priced good food, overly priced average food, or reasonably priced food that was fit for a New York rat. But once I found the local Whole Foods, I ate like a queen. Salmon filet, stuffed pork roast, herb baked chicken, and even a lovely roast lamb! And the sides were just as tasty. My favorites were the roasted squash with onion and raisins, and the roasted cauliflower. It was fresh and healthy, it was made from scratch and it was beautifully cooked. All I had to do was have a nice bottle of wine in my room, take back my Whole Foods dinner every night, and I almost felt like it was home.

Thank you, Whole Foods! Your people made me feel welcome (after a few days they got to know me), your food was delicious and your prices were fantastic, especially for Manhattan. You saved me from the fate of wandering the streets of NYC in search of a good meal! I just wish you had the same thing in my town's Whole Foods so I could indulge here!

1  Thank tripcrixchick
Write a ReviewReviews (1,493)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

the fish and meat selection and quality is the best in midtown. The cheese selection , fresh veggies and prepared meals are great. good selection of hard to find foods. expensive though

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is without a doubt the best Whole Foods we have ever visited (and we shop at Whole Foods often). The prepared food choices and salad bar choices were plentiful. We did not find the juice bar we were hoping for - but the little eat in bar/brewery was an unexpected find and the food was fantastic. Great value for great food!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Fantastic shop that has everything,great hot/cold self service foods to take away,made up sandwhiches/wraps/salads basically everything you want to eat you will find it here,organic healthy food/drinks,we love it and came her for breakfast,lunch and even just a drink or snack,there is a store in glasgow but it really doesnt match up to this at all just a wonderful place to buy food.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This food store has many locally produced food items. The salad bar and hot food bar are good places to get food for a picnic in the park. The produce is always fresh. The store is not known for being cheap, but the quality is excellent