“Yum” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bouchon Bakery
Ranked #35 of 406 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed dessert and coffee and watched the today show... Only thing is needed more seats.
Great location , will visit again.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Bouchon tasty flavorful and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Yum! Great location, good food. From savory entrees to the salads to the desert and coffee. Love the bistro feeling. City hostesses can be dismissive.

• Visited December 2013
“Order from the counter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We have eaten here many times both in the restaurant and just getting take away at the counter. The counter is friendly, fast and efficient, although make note that the sandwiches are pre-made so you cannot make any changes.

At the restaurant, the food, sweet and savory, is fine and it's convenient for a quick snack if you're in the area. The food and the waitstaff are better than average but the hostess is worse than terrible. We arrived late afternoon and there were at least 4-5 EMPTY tables, fully set. The hostess told us there would be a 5 minute wait; after 15+ minutes she finally sat us after I inquired how much longer it would be. For the entire 1.5 hours we were there, we witnessed her making everyone wait while there were plenty of empty tables and she could not have been more sullen and sulky. The look on her face alone could turn people away and in fact, we did see people leaving. Asking for a table was like asking for her first born child. We will not be back if this woman continues to be the hostess. There are plenty of other delicious places to dine in NYC without the attitude or the random wait.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ywnyny
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Bouchon never fails to please me --- whether its this one in NYC, or in Napa or in Vegas. For starters, I had the foie gras terrine, and for the main course, had the short ribs. The short ribs was so tender and flavorful, it was just heavenly.
From the first time I went here in 2009, I think it has kept the same quality of food and service. It is always a delight to dine in Bouchon.

• Visited January 2014
“Depends on your Server”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I would give this restaurant 4 or 5 stars, but our experience with our server-Haileen-was horrible.

I'll start with the pros before going on onto Haileen's rude treatment of us. First, the restaurant offers up a great view of some city buildings and central park. The appetizers are delicious and the staff (for the most part) is very polite and nice. We ordered hot chocolate for a cold NYC day, a Machiatto, Madeleines, and their seasoned olives. The servers who brought our food were very polite and more attentive to us than our waitress. Overall, I would return again, BUT I would make sure our server was not Haileen.

Now onto the Con. First, it took our server 20 minutes to initially come speak to us and offer to bring us water. Because we were hungry, cold, and tired of walking around looking for places to eat, we decided to wait on the server. After she took our order, we didn't see her again for another 30 minutes! Keep in mind that there is another server who brought our first round of dishes, but when we wanted to order more, our waitress was running to every table except ours. Normally, I would ignore this, but the fact that she CONSTANTLY served all of our surrounding tables, but ignored ours was more than frustrating.

When she finally remembered our table, she said did apologize for, in her words, "neglecting" us, and took our order. Then we didn't see her again for ANOTHER 30 minutes. We didn't even get another bottle of water. I tried to flag her down on numerous occasions, but she seemed more occupied by other tables. Keep in mind, we were eating light dishes. This is of course a cafe-like environment. People aren't ordering huge meals here. I was unsure of why other customers surrounding us were able to grab her attention, but somehow my attempts at flagging her down went unnoticed.

Towards the end of the meal I asked her name, knowing I would come write a TripAdvisor review. Afterwards she brought us two complimentary cookies, but was sure to let us know that we were receiving the garbage scraps because she stated, "we're gonna throw them out anyway."

um....ok. Guess our "complimentary cookies" are garbage scraps that you want to give away to cover the horrible service.

Overall, I would return again, BUT I would make sure our server was NOT Haileen.

• Visited January 2014