“Go for dessert and coffee, steer clear of entrees”
Review of Bouchon Bakery

Bouchon Bakery
Ranked #45 of 402 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 9, 2013

A fabulous place for snacks, dessert and coffee, with beautiful views of Columbus Circle. Be prepared to wait a while for a table, especially during the holidays-- but worth the wait, and the hosting staff is unfailingly polite and kind. Chocolate souffle is AMAZING, cappucinos are works of art. Share a dessert, or one dessert and one nibble. But steer clear of the entrees, which are ordinary and over-priced.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Bread. Tomato Soup. We ate in the cafe and had wonderful quiche and salads and service-a special word about the hostesses who dealt so kindly with the impatient people who had to wait for a table--but what I wish I were eating right now is the tomato soup and the bread.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had lunch in the restaurant. There wasn't any wait for a table and the view was just superb, it set us up perfectly for a walk in Central Park. I had the best croque madame I'd ever eaten and the bread was world-beating. Service was friendly and polite.

1  Thank AlexSwallow
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Bouchon Bkaery is located in the Time Warner Center, which is super-upscale and very nice. The BB restaurant was on a 20-minute wait, so we opted to go through the takeout line and eat at the high tables nearby. The place was mobbed - Columbus Circle is very popular on nice days. The food at BB is very good: excellent tomato soup and WONDERFUL bread - a crusty baguette was just what I wanted on this cold, blustery day. Service was smiling and pleasant. Food, like everything at The Time Warner Canter, is on the pricey side: a VERY light lunch for two with one water and one coffee was $26.00.

1  Thank 493Ron
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was dining alone and decided to grab a bite at this well-known bakery. I got confused and ended up sitting down in their Cafe (restaurant) and had an amazing lunch with a view of Columbus Circle. The bread alone is worth the trip! I tried really hard not to fill up on the amazing bread and butter and I'm glad I didn't. I ordered the Quiche of the Day which was made with Swiss Chard and Goat Cheese. It was amazing and served with a really fresh, side salad.

My only complaint was my own stupidity. They asked me if I wanted sparkling, still, or tap water. I ordered the still water and before I knew it, I was paying $4.75 for a bottle of water I couldn't even finish on my own. Fine if you're sharing, otherwise stick to tap water!