“Great French style treat in NYC”
Review of Bouchon Bakery

Bouchon Bakery
Ranked #31 of 387 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
PR
“Great French style treat in NYC”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

They have a sandwich and pastry section for -on the go- eaters, but we had lunch at the open, sit down cafe with a menu and table service. The Squash Soup is divine! It has a light fusion of a cranberry sauce drizzled on top with pistachio bits. The pouched Salmon is wonderful and delicate, as is the baked Cauliflower with gruyere cheese. The desserts are all very good! I highly recommend having a light lunch here. Very pleasant ambience, overlooking the atrium at the shops at Columbus Circle in the Time Warner Building.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“the macaroons were to die for”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

the view of Columbus Circle and the gourmet brunch were so special. The relaxed atmosphere on a sunday was much needed. The coffee was not to be denied.

Visited February 2013
New York City
“Call the butter police!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My perpetual quest to find baked goods in NYC, similar to those sold in Europe, inevitably brings me a measure of disappointment each time that I come upon a bakery that appears to hold the promise of a Parisian cafe and its delights. That supreme quality found in European bakery items-that wholesomeness, softness, chewiness, and sheer heaven-is very difficult, if not impossible, to recreate outside of Europe, so I don't blame Bouchon for not having managed. Bouchon offers fancy baked goods, which aren't just "European" but also American, like chocolate cookies, (delicious) oreo cookies, etc., but there is a problem, and, before I continue, let me make clear that I love butter, and I'm not afraid of it, but the good folks in the Bouchon kitchen seem to take great pleasure using illegal amounts of it. There's so much butter in each item that it comes with sound effects of the "squishy/squeaky" kind... and I wouldn't be surprised if butter started to precipitate and solidify on the surface... I'm sure their croissants, cookies, etc., would taste just as good, given the excellent quality of ingredients used, with about half the fat that they add, or likely, even better. I always feel icky after eating there, it's a pity.

• Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“The macarons are worth trying.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went to try the macarons. Luckily, there was no line and we were able to take our time and decide what to get. We got 6 assorted macarons and paid a fortune for them. We liked the caramel, pistachio, and lemon cassis the best. The chocolate was our least favorite. They are worth trying once and looked so cool as a souvenir, but I don't think I need to go back for the pricey cookies.

Visited January 2013
Rochdale
“Great View”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a great spot for people watching, and I didn't feel rushed at any point. I went for the Cobb Salad which I thought was a very generous portion for the money ($15.00). All the ingredients were fresh and tasty.

• Visited November 2012