“Good food, fair prices, friendly service”
Review of Acqua at Peck Slip

Acqua at Peck Slip
Reserve with OpenTable
Acqua at Peck Slip is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #711 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Water St
Transit: Subway: Fulton St - 2, 3, A, C, 4, 5 trains
Description: Located in one of the oldest New York City spots, on the corner of Peck Slip and Water Street, Acqua at Peck Slip is an authentic Italian restaurant specializing on Southern Italian cuisine and seafood. It is a very cozy place with a large diversity of dishes based on the best traditional recipes. The restaurant is close to the Brooklyn Bridge, in a Historic district called South Street Seaport, where the first Dutch pilgrims arrived in the beginning of the 17th century, this neighborhood still keeps the unique atmosphere of those ages. Cobblestone streets, old fashion sailing ships which moored right to the 17 Pier, make you feel like you are in Sicily. This area contains a high concentration of old buildings, and Acqua is located in one of the oldest landmark buildings in the neighborhood. A bright, open, warm atmosphere takes you in Naples. With big windows, old wood floors, simply furnished, Acqua is a great place for enjoying Italian food and wine.
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is in the same block as our Best Western so we had dinner here our first night in town. The traffic from the airport was terrible but one phone call and they held our reservation no problem. They catered to my gluten free diet fine. Hubby and teens were happy with their steak and seafood pasta. We would happily return if we visited that area again. If you stay at the Best Western ask the hotel for a card that will get each adult a free glass of proseco :-)

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The overall experience was nice with a charming atmosphere. I had a spinach cheese roll with mushroom pate. Overall the flavor was good but for once in my life I had to use salt to highlight a dish. I also had the tiramisu which was very authentic in taste. Other family members had veggie and pasta dish, which they loved. They do bring free bread with oil, which was nice and fresh. The prices are inline with New York.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

A real gem. On the small side, rustic atmosphere. Had lunch.
Food is great…salmon appetizer and spinach ravioli main. As good Italian as I have had. Service friendly and quick (they we about 12/full).
Noise is tolerable..better than most.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The food and service were great and this was a very pleasant surprise for us on our recent stay in lower Manhattan. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Food was okay. I had the grilled shrimp salad. The shrimp were big and delicious. The rest of the salad consisted of tomatoes and four tiny slices of lettuce. I left hungry. The atmosphere is very nice, but the value for the price of the food didn't match my expectations.

1  Thank ladyomaha