“Food was terrible”
Review of Acqua at Peck Slip

Acqua at Peck Slip
Reserve with OpenTable
Acqua at Peck Slip is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #837 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Water St
Transit: Subway: Fulton St - 2, 3, A, C, 4, 5 trains
Description: Located in one of the oldest New York City spots, on the corner of Peck Slip and Water Street, Acqua is an authentic Italian restaurant. It is a very cozy place with traditional Italian cuisine contained a large diversity of dishes based on the best recipes taken from all parts of Italy from North to South. Executive chef Ivan Beacco and his team try their best to give New Yorkers an authentic experience. The wine list spans over 100 bottles, all from small boutique Italian vintners. From 12pm to 11pm, you can enjoy your time with a glass of Pinot Noir, Soave, and other delicious wine along with very inspired antipasti, seafood dishes and authentic pastas. This place is definitely worth your attention.
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Food was terrible”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat so I started looking and came across Acqua. I read the reviews and said why not lets eat there. Great food, great view. Boy was I wrong. I ordered one of there pizza's with mushrooms and oregano. The pizza had no taste at all. I couldn't even taste the oregano on it. I did try some salt on it (I never use salt on pizza) that didn't help. They gave us water but no ice in it, I had to ask for ice. My wife ordered the asparagus fettuccine maybe ate a quarter of it and push it away. I was going to have them box up the pizza I barely left and take it with me to give a homeless person who needed to eat but I couldn't do that to a homeless person. We were suppose to have a great view of the area, our view was a construction zone in front of the place.

• Visited August 2013

DUBLIN
“Good food; great athmosphere”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Arrived in here one night during a thunderstorm and were seated immediately. Got a great table with views of the new Freedom Tower. All enjoyed our meals, my wife is still enthusing about the mint marinated lamb chops.All in all, good tasty food; nice wine; excellent dessert; happy family, very helpful attentive staff, would love to visit again.

Calgary
“Extra Tip :(”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

There are still few family dining options in the rebuilding South Seaport area and on recommendation of our hotel we decided to try Acqua as a option.
It has a nice atmosphere & there were a couple loud groups when we arrived, but we actually like that. We were informed by our server that their pizza oven was not working, (a bit of a blow travelling with a 13 year-old). We ordered a cold meat platter and pastas. Avoid the cold meat platter of a few shavings of cured ham. etc, It seemed very meager & uninspiring. The pastas though were all delicious, and generous portions and definitely a step above the tourist trap or chain restaurant.

I was surprised to see an automatic 20% added to the bill, for a party of 3. I worked in the industry and I know that that servers rely on tips, but believe it should be up to the customer to reward good service. In our case it was ok, but nothing special .....just doing their job. What really bothered me was that the automatic tip was not explained; neither when we were seated nor when the bill was presented. To top it off, when I was presented with the cc slip to sign, there was a space to add a tip like it hadn't already been added. REALLY.....REALLY?

Ayrshire, United Kingdom
“A tip is for service not for just turning up for work”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

They lost our order on a quiet night,citing two different excuses for their ineptitude.Mistakes happen but the delay even after they retook the order was unacceptable.If you do not bring the food at least bring the wine .The food was good but I refused to pay the 25 dollar tip,I will pay gladly for good food and service,but do not appreciate a protracted debate on the culture of tipping.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Con B
Colchester, Connecticut
“Excellent, reasonable Italian at the Seaport”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We wandered in about 5:00 on a Wednesday and were shown immediately to a table.

The waitress was charming and willing to explain the most basic of menu questions.

Every bit of the experience was excellent, from the very nice house prosecco and primitivo wines we started with to my square (!) spaghetti with tuna and my wife's chicken breast with pesto over broccoli rabe. For dessert, we split an order of orange sorbet with a combination of Campari and prosecco, a recipe we'll repeat at home.

The price was fine, the service was prompt and efficient, and the bathroom was clean.

Enough said.