“Creamiest Latte I've Ever Had”

Ninth Street Espresso
Ranked #78 of 662 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This latte was the creamiest and freshest I've ever had. The reviews say great coffee and I agree but I think its because its so fresh. It really is so fresh that the true flavor of the beans come right through. Brigitte Grisanti New York Foodie will be back everytime she's in Chelsea.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've been coming to the two Lower East Side locations of Ninth Street Espresso for three years. I always look forward to their lattes when I come to Manhattan. Their brew is like breakfast!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I had not had a decent coffee for 5 days. We went to the Chelsea markets to see if they had a good coffee place, as we rounded a corner of the markets the smell of fresh coffee hit us.

We bought two espressos and they were fantastic - perhaps we were a bit coffee deprived, but they were damn good.

If you want great fresh coffee without the flavouring, try Ninth Street Espresso

Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you are heading to the Highline, or Chelsea Market and craving coffee, then Ninth St Espresso is a must. The coffee is amazing and as a special treat, if you get a frothy version, they add an artistic twist. I had the mocha and its in my top 5. Only problem is finding seating if you want to relax while you are enjoying your brew, but you can sometimes get lucky and grab a table along the Market corridor. Or better yet, if its nice you can head to the Highline and grab a bench (if your coffee isn't done by then).

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I rarely want coffee but on a cold day i stopped in to get a tea and saw a group of people enjoying the day, getting work done and ordering the standard drinks. Not for the starbucks crowd.