“Great Food in a Cozy Restaurant”

Havana Alma de Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Alma de Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,408 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: btw. Bleecker & Bedford Sts.
Description: Tucked in a cozy street corner in the heart of the West Village, Havana Alma de Cuba exudes the warmth and flavor of an authentic Cuban restaurant. The rhythmic palpitations of salsa and merengue, and the extraordinary scents of exotic dishes permeates the air. More Information: info@havananyc.com
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Great Food in a Cozy Restaurant”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The restaurant is small and nicely decorated. The menu offers a nice variety of offerings. We started out with the ceviche of the day, tostones rellenos, and montadito de chorizo. For entrees we had fufu con camarones, lechon asado, vaca frita, ropa vieja and the chicken special of the day. Everything was well prepared and quite flavorful. The service was quite attentive but we had to ask for bread. On the down side since it is such a small restaurant, sound carries throughout the dining room. We were there on a Sunday evening and there were only a few tables that were occupied. The dinners were quite but the staff was constantly noisily carrying on near the bar. That coupled with the loud thumping music made it difficult to have a conversation. Given its small size If you plan to go on a Friday or Saturday evening, a reservation is a must.

1 Thank Alan B

• Finnish first
Shoemakersville, Pennsylvania
“Fun dinner, attentive servers, amazing drinks.”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Went here for an early birthday dinner on a Sat night.
The waitstaff was playful but attentive which made for a fun environment.
Food was great and our server was very pleasant, engaging us in conversation beyond just the normal waiter/server discussions.
Drinks were amazing. Go for my favorite, Havana Nights or my wife's, 100 Fuegos.
Sangria was wonderful and fresh.

All in all an excellent find and worth the cab ride!

1 Thank Ckline95
New Jersey
“If you like to dine with mice, this is the place to go”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at this restaurant on Saturday night along with some friends, we read the reviews and it seemed like a good place to go. The service was not very good, Our waiter, who happened to be in charge for the night, was screaming at the other service staff in front of clients and speaking in a derogate manner. My meat was overcooked, I asked for medium and instead a well done. We finished the night and we were the last table at our section as we payed we saw three mice running around and one of them going into the kitchen. I automatically informed our waiter, in a very polite and quiet way. His response to me was that we are in NY and mice will be mice, with a nasty attitude. It is not my first time dinning in NY and NY or not mice have not place in a restaurant. It is absolutely disgusting and what was worst was his attitude towards me when i told him. My husband had to step in because he was getting out of hand and raising his voice. HE even asked where I was from, "If you were from Manhattan, you would know about there being mice everywhere. We received an A from the sanitation department, because we called the exterminators" closed quote. It is shame that people such as this gentleman are working in public, unfortunately I can recall his name, he was a spanish guy with a bold head on a power trip.

New York
“Fun and fine food”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Cubans are noisy, New Yorkers are noisy, students are noisy. Havana Alma de Cuba offers unlimited cocktails for two hours a day at its little corner of Cuba in West Village, not far from NYU. It is not quiet. It is fun. Even more important, the food is excellent. Fufu con camarones made a wonderful piquant starter. Bistec a caballo had a deep, rich smokiness with velvety eggs. The pan con lechon sandwich is juicy and flavoursome. Mojitos and other cocktails by the pitcher are a very good deal. Pleasant, helpful staff. Try it when you can.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Streetpigeon
Vipperoed, Denmark
“Great food, great service at Cuban restaurant”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

If you are looking for a great meal and great service while you are in New York City, you just have to go to West Village. Here you find everything you would ever ask for at Havana Alma de Cuba. The mojitos are excellent, the fish appetizer is fantastic, the red snapper is encredible (I even enjoyed eating the brussel sprouts which normally is not a favourite but these were tender and not bitter at all), and their desserts are out of this world. They make the best flan I have ever had.
I highly recommend visiting this place - the waiters are very friendly and talkative (if you invite them to be)!

• Visited July 2014