“great neighborhood Sicilian . . .”
Review of Cacio e Vino

Cacio e Vino
Reserve with OpenTable
Cacio e Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,600 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Between 4th and 5th Streets
Transit: Take L train to 1st Avenue, then take the M15 bus south to East 1st Street. Walk west to 2nd Avenue and up to 4th Street.
Description: Named 2008’s best Sicilian restaurant by Italy’s elite judge of cuisine, the Accademia Italiana della Cucina, Cacio e Vino is the East Village’s choice venue for fine Sicilian wine and cuisine. Cacio e Vino has broadened its menu to include the traditional Bucatini con le sarde, and 13 varieties of the singular Nero d’Avola wine, ‘the most important red grape wine in Sicily.’ Created in 2006 by Sicilian-born Giusto Priola and managed with his partner Alessandro Ancona, this 50-seat enclave is perfect for serving delicious dinner and weekend lunches in its singular Sicilian style. Knowledgeable, first-rate service accompanies impeccable house-made pastas, traditional Sicilian caponata, and rich cassata in an intimate, understatedly elegant dining area. With its prime location and singularly Sicilian flair, Cacio e Vino is a dining experience like no other.
Boston, Massachusetts
“great neighborhood Sicilian . . .”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My Sicilian American wife can by quite fussy about Sicilian/Italian food. Cacio e Vino passed her test (and mine).

Our server, Diego, was great - made excellent suggestions on wines by the glass and steered us towards menu items we enjoyed very much. Memorable were the mussels with in a wonderful spicy sauce, eggplant timbale, and branzino. Good deserts and espresso. I'd be a regular if Cacio e Vino was in my neighborhood.

Halifax, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We used a groupon for 4. Everything about this place was great. We especially enjoyed the seafood stew and the eggplant appetizer was delicious. Highly recommend this place.

1 Thank sueinns
New York City, New York
“It's ok, I guess!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I used to go to Cacio e Vino when it was also a pizzeria. I liked their pizza. Unfortunately, they don't make pizzas anymore. After the initial shock, my friends and I decided to stay anyway and try their menu. The food was alright. I had the "Spaghetti al nero di seppia", which was good. However, I really disliked the service. Two friends ordered a glass of Lambrusco. Instead of bringing two glasses with the wine already in them, the waiter poured the wine at the table, and the result was that one friend had a regular quantity of wine, but the other had only half of it, because there wasn't enough wine in the bottle. My friend pointed that out to the waiter, who, very unprofessionally, started complaining against my friend, then left and I saw him complaining to other waiters. He took the half glass away, and never returned, not even to ask my friend if she would have liked something else. At this point we did not order any desserts or coffee. The experience was very unpleasant. On our way out, I told the owner about this episode, and he wasn't happy either. I understand that maybe this behavior will never happen again, but this stain will take a long time to go away.

Tigard, Oregon
“An Italian Treat!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a chance to purchase a Groupon for this place for a vacation meal. I had read the reviews and it sounded pretty good. The service was terrific. The wine was wonderful. The food was amazing. It is a small space with small tables but delivers big taste. I would definitely return!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Madge464
Connecticut
“Authentic Italian restaurant with great service, food, and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was in nyc for show and found this place as a groupon special...and boy was it worth every penny...

VERY authentic southern Italian food...well prepared, great staff and charming atmosphere...appetizers, pastas, and main courses all sicilian and southern Italian themed....no heavy creams or sauces...unique flavors and combinations....if ur looking for carraba-type or olive garden-type food, this is definitely NOT the right place for u.

Our server, Diego, straight from Italy, helped us make choices and were well prepared and excellent flavor...expansive wine selection....

Even though we had a groupon, we would definitely return without a groupon as meal was reasonably priced ...less than $100 for app, 2 entrees and 2 glasses if wine....pretty darn good value for this type of authentic Italian food...

• Visited April 2013