“The very best cheesecake ever!”
Review of Junior's

Junior's
Ranked #14 of 439 Dessert in New York City
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Midtown
“The very best cheesecake ever!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I make my own cheesecakes but these are the best I have ever tasted! Sat at the bar and was treated just like I was ordering a full meal. Loved it!

Visited June 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Food was good but......”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I shared a sandwich a salad and a bowl of soup. We were not offered extra plates to split the sandwich and salad and we had to ask for an additional spoon for the soup - which we never got. The waiter, Michael, gave perfunctory service and never said "thank you" as we paid and left. On the plus side, the food was good and the servings were huge. The music was great, and our surly waiter did not spoil our good time.

Wyckoff, New Jersey
“Delicious breakfast”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were there on a Saturday morning. It is super busy from early in the morning. We were a party of 5. We had a delicious breakfast. Service was still quick enough for such a busy place and the staff very friendly. Large portions.
We've been here before for lunch and that was great too. No complaints with regards to the Cheesecake. We enjoying bring our visitors to NY here. We will be back. We had two toddlers with us and it was no problem. Easy to get to Juniors. Right in Times Square.

• Visited May 2013
Kirkby
“Great cheesecake”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This place lived up to its reputation for providing the best cheesecake in New York. Slight disappointment in that my wife's selected desert was not available and also frustrated that I was only offered one coffee refil. But the cheesecake really is great.

Fredericton, Canada
“A gem in the heart of times square!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

During our most recent visit to NYC we found ourselves in times square to visit the disney store. Normally while in NYC we skip the touristy chain spots ie anything in times square haha but when we came out of the Disney Store our 5 year old was very hungry.

We just wanted to find a place quick and thought of Guy Fierris new resto. I asked someone peddling comedy clubs on the street where it could be found and he told me "You dont want to go that crappy spot, you want juniors"

So we walked around the side of the Marriott Marquis and low and behold Juniors was there.

Walking in gives a great vibe and atmosphere. They have two different sides, one is a quick serve bakery type deal and the other is a 50's style diner.

The atmosphere was great, You couldn't hear any traffic outside, and they even had a storage spot for our stroller. The Menu consisted of various diner foods and we also learned by reading it that it juniors started at as a local spot in flatbush. Pretty cool considering all the chain spots that litter times square.

We ordered our food, my wife got the steak burger, daughter the kids linguini and I the hot dog.
Service was prompt and I believe we had our food within 15 mins of ordering.

My wifes burger was fantastic. Dare I say one of the most well cooked burgers I have ever eaten, bare in mind only had a nibble from the side. My daughters linguini looked pretty standard, she said she liked it.

I should mention here, my daughter started to freak out because she didnt want sauce directly on her pasta and the waiter changed it (even though it was already made) without hesitation. 5 stars for you sir.

My hot dog was the dog of all dogs. When you order a ballpark dog at a game this is the dog that you wish you could get. I believe it was probably 12 inches long and very thick (this is getting dirty sounding). The taste was great! and the fries were all fresh cut and well seasoned.

By the end of the meal we were full which left no room for any of their fantastic desserts. We had a 520pm train to catch out to our hotel so we didn't have much time to get dessert.

So if you find yourself in Times Square pop in and try out juniors, very worth it. I hope it does well.

*********************************
I blog at www.thenorthernmousette.com with my wife and our rating system works like this:

1= pure crap, service, food, people, patrons=crap
2=Pretty stinking bad but the worst it could be
3=meh nothing to write home about
4= awesome. Loved everything about it
5= reserved for places I would stake my life on you enjoying

Places are rated based on the class they are in ex. A fairfield inn is not compared to a luxury resort.