“adorable!”
Review of dell'anima

dell'anima
Reserve with OpenTable
dell'anima is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,647 of 14,285 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Between Jane and West 12th Streets
Transit: A, C, E & L trains to 14th Street/8th Avenue and 1, 2 & 3 trains to 14th Street/7th Avenue.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This cosy neighbourhood place was just the haven we needed on a freezing and blustery NYC night.

The kind of not-too-fancy, informal-but-stylish, nicely-lit and interestingly furnished place that New York does very well.

Go - you won't be disappointed. And you might just end up chatting to some of the friendly regulars.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Whenever I'm craving Bolognese, I look no further than Dell'Anima in the West Village. It is the first thing I ordered there, and it's what I come back for every time. The sauce is amazing, and the pasta is homemade perfection. I normally also split an appetizer or two with whoever I'm eating with, whether it be an octopus salad or some fresh broccoli rabe. The wine list is extensive, and full of amazing and some rare wines.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

A friend who is a regular at dell'anima took me here for dinner, and our welcome was warm and genuine. The contemporary Italian food was impressive and, with advice, we chose several different wines by the glass and were very pleased. The atmosphere is buzzy, yet we were still able to have a quiet, private conversation. I highly recommend this West Village treasure.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Was lucky enough to sit t the chefs table. A great experience watching them in action. Had their well own octopus to start with and my wife had a new quails dish. Both tasted fantastic and left you wanting more.

I had the hanger steak for main and my wife had pasta. We had sides of squash, corn and broccoli. The flavour combinations were the best. Andrewthe chef has a talent that everyone should go and see.

We will eat here again and again and again.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Okay so maybe I am not the most sophisticated diner in the world. I really like this restaurant but would probably stick to pasta the next time.
The server asked if I wanted my pork chop medium and I said yes. I think it was rare. It came back well done. They were very apologetic and nice about it.