“Too bad about the raw pork chop”
Review of dell'anima

dell'anima
Reserve with OpenTable
dell'anima is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,397 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Between Jane and West 12th Streets
Transit: A, C, E & L trains to 14th Street/8th Avenue and 1, 2 & 3 trains to 14th Street/7th Avenue.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Okay so maybe I am not the most sophisticated diner in the world. I really like this restaurant but would probably stick to pasta the next time.
The server asked if I wanted my pork chop medium and I said yes. I think it was rare. It came back well done. They were very apologetic and nice about it.

There are newer reviews for dell'anima

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Intimate setting, unbelievable food, perfect date spot. Best Italian in NYC. TAGLIATELLE ALLA BOLOGNESE is simply amazing.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We dined here mid week at 9:00 in the evening. The restaurant for still very busy, but they were able to accomodate us at the chef's counter. It was quite an experience watching them move in precision to prepare the meals. We loved the experience, but would not recommend it if you want a quiet, romantic date. The waitress knew the menu and the wine list well! The fish was a bit salty for my taste, but everything else was excellent! This is not a place for a large party. It is loud and pretty small inside. The restroom was downstairs which was quite a trick getting to with a torn ACL. We would definitely put it on our repeat list next time we are in NYC.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

In a city bursting with mediocre Italian-inspired restaurants, this is one of the very few great ones. Sit at the kitchen counter (but please don't take my chair, as there aren't very many). Engage the chefs; you'll see and learn about (and perhaps even taste) things you hadn't thought you were going to order. Absolutely top-notch wines.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have been here 4 times and always regret that I have taken so long to revisit.
The food is always rememberable and the service is solid. The small space has the kitchen in the back left corner giving the restaurant a wonderful aroma filled with excitement on what you are shortly going to consume.