“Super Cool”

Neighborhood: East Village
Nairobi, Kenya
“Super Cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I love this place. I was there 3 times since 2009, which was the same number of times I went to NYC (not so often as I would like). It's trendy, but its unpretentious. Prices are decent, Sake choices are abundant and the food is great. I always tasted something different. And I tend to order many things. I don't know how "the real thing" looks like, but I certainly hope is like this bar. I had to wait in line to times, since the place is small, but it was never too long. Certainly worthed.

• Visited November 2012

Jakarta, Indonesia
“What a find! Simply LOVED it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Is it only me who finds NY basement the most alluring? As to diametrically opposed the NY loft and skyline! After Home Sweet Home pub on Chrystie St, Decibel is the one. I took proud cos I simply found it whilst living in the city for six months. Read a review somewhere, and yes, I, too, went up and down the road to find the place. But what a find once you descend from the stair, enter what first looks like a dingy bar, go on a bit, and ..... voila! We arrived early (they open, if not mistaken, at 6:30pm) so we had the pleasure to pick a table. But soon enough people swarmed in. I'm not expert of sake although enjoy it a lot, but they obviously have a long list. The foods are simply fine... Will defo come back whenever I pass the city!

• Visited November 2011
nyc
“sake bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

the logo is very cool and reminds me of the simplicity in design that is so common in japan. *sad i won’t be visiting japan for a long time. post tsunami, i don’t plan to visit and eat contaminated fish for a while…

the sake list is extensive and the milieu is a chill, cool vibe. its definitely a little gem in the city

Visited May 2012
Zürich
“Cool Japanese sake bar, trendy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

Hard to find place. Go to 2nd avenue, walk on 9th street towards 3rd Avenue and it will be on the left hand side, you need to walk down a few stairs.
It has two bars, one in the front and another one in the back with a restaurant. It is a trendy place even in the Village, hard to describe, but certainly a fun place. Always packed so either come early or be prepared to wait.
Huge list of Sakes and Japanese food of course.

iRELAND
“a must try in NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

we were brought here by some NY natives, and we would never have found it without them! You think you are going into some dodgy club - right until you are sitting down! There is a definite goth element with the waiting staff ! The big menu is all sake- we just pointed to anything but i am sure the staff could help - the food is almost an afterthought on the last page - but well worth it, it was all fantastic - my favourites were the lotus root, wasabi and pork dumplings and the rice balls - only issue is that we didnt order enough food and went on to get exceedingly drunk!!