“Great Food, Cozy Location”
Review of Cuba

Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #235 of 14,378 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Bleecker
Transit: 6 to Bleecker, 1,9 to Christopher Street, A,,B,C,D,E,F to West 4th
Description: The romantic Milieu of Cuba effortlessly transports you from Manhattan to Havana. Cuba offers live music and a menu filled with delicious traditional cuisine. The restaurant offers a fascinating and charming escape to its own "Little Havana on Thompson Street".
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The food was excellent. I had the vaca frita with white rice and black beans and fried plantains. It was very tasty and authentic. The place is very cozy and the live band on Friday night was great for the atmosphere - not too loud and fun to listen to. The waiter service was also very prompt and excellent, even though the place was full. The location right off Bleecker Street is also ideal for going to the late night music venues like Terra Blues after dinner.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

When I read reviews abotu Cuba, I was expecting to feel like I was in the middle of the carribean in the dead of winter, but that wasnt really the case. The drinks were terrific, but the food itself was heavier than i expected which suprised me becuase I asked our waiter what was most "traditional" and the recomendation was basically chicken slathered in a gravy and cheese. I felt a litlte rushed by the staff, but it was a busy Sat p.m. The decor and music was a lot of fun though. I prob will not return.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

It's like going to Cuba still being in NYC. I saw reviews here and reading within lines made us choose it as being noisy as being in Cuba. At entering there was music ongoing, people high and a guy rolling cigars, great!! Now the food is not what I remembered of the evening (we had cocktails, snack, meat and mixed avogado platter, liquor...), but if you look for an entertaining dinner, I woul recommend.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

A friend, who is of Cuban decent, took us to Cuba for a taste of his favorite food. We enjoyed the food we had, although I don't think I would make an effort to eat there again. The service was excellent and it was fun to watch the man sitting at a table near the window rolling cigars to order! It was a good experience.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Food was good not great. but I'm spoiled, I've had better. Overal, great presentation in food. The atmosphere is fun and friendly. Great music. Very noisy upstairs with music. If you want to have a conversation go downstairs. I wish they had a place to dance but then nobody would eat. He-he-he. ;) Their red sangria and mojitos were delicious. Pork belly appetizer was highly recommended by the waiter but was too chewy. Octopus appetizer was great and soft though. Plantains were great. Suckling pig was good. And no, it's not whole pig. Shrimps were ok but very spicy sauce. Not for everyone but I liked it. Would definitely recommend this place for a fun night out for couples and friends.