“Havana nights in the Village” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cuba

Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 13,488 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Bleecker
Transit: 6 to Bleecker, 1,9 to Christopher Street, A,,B,C,D,E,F to West 4th
Description: The romantic Milieu of Cuba effortlessly transports you from Manhattan to Havana. Cuba offers live music and a menu filled with delicious traditional cuisine. The restaurant offers a fascinating and charming escape to its own "Little Havana on Thompson Street".
Montreal, Canada
“Havana nights in the Village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

A salsa band on Friday and Saturday nights, a cigar roller in the corner, attentive and charming waiters and delicious cuban cuisine make this place a wonderful experience!
Try to get a table on the first floor where you can hear the live band. The basement is ok but lacks the atmosphere. They also have 3 private rooms for bigger groups. The menu offers a good selection of tasty starters, excellent seafood and meat dishes, decadent desserts and one of the best Mojitos outside of Cuba (besides other great cocktails).
We will definitely dine there again when we come back to NYC.

Sunnyside, New York
“What happened!?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was by far one of my favorite places to dine in NYC for the past 7 years. I was disappointed however, the last few times that I have dined there. My sister was served her appetizer after we had already begun our main course. The crab cakes were severely over cooked. The molten chocolate was clearly pre-cooked and then microwaved to serve. I was shocked as this item typically takes about 20 minutes to cook and they brought me one in less than five minutes. The taste and texture was horrible and the chocolate sauce that was supposed to ooze out like molten lava, was mostly dried up and barely visible inside of the cake.
The ceviche is still amazing as was the churrasco. I wonder if the multiple changes in Management over the years has anything to do with the slow decline of the excellence that I was accustomed to at this restaurant?
Since the past few times have not been what I've come to love from this place, it is doubtful that I will return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Central Pennsylvania
“Great meal, worth another visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Well seasoned, imaginatively chosen items, served by friendly staff. If want to talk, ask for a table in the back room

1 Thank amosesq
Saintfield, United Kingdom
“A must NOT eat in NYC”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Don,t understand why this place gets so many good reviews maybe everyone comes out of it half sloshed as the drink is pushed as much as the food. The wee old man who served us didn,t speak much , maybe he was just fed up. But the food was just ok chopped up steak fried and mixed with onions and some potato a house special but not very special. The noise from other diners added to the music must have been close to 80 decebils fine for a pub not a resturant . There is a lot better in Greenwich.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank pgtips451
Midwest City, Oklahoma, United States
“A must eat Visit in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I visited here when I traveled to NYC in 2012. I was looking for great Cuban food and I believe I discovered Cuba when I was researching Yelp before my trip. Wow! What an amazing place. Best meal I had during my 11 days in NYC. From the mango martini to the empanadas to the plantains & the scrumptious Ropa Vieja, it was just wonderful. At the time the had a 50% off special through scoutmob app. That has expired I believe, but I plan to return here when I am in NYC again in November this year. Already thinking about what I will order this time. Per usual for NYC prices are higher, but the food is do worth it.

• Visited November 2012