“GREAT staff, Delicious food and drink”
Review of Sangria 46

Sangria 46
Reserve with OpenTable
Sangria 46 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #694 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 8th and 9th Ave.
Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street.
Description: Sangria 46 offers the cuisine of Spain and Latin America in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, we serve a delicious array of seafood, meat, and vegetarian tapas and entrees, as well as paella and prix-fixe menus. We also feature an extensive selection of sangrias, wines, cocktails, and beers. Enjoy sitting at the bar, in the main dining room, or outside on the patio.
Reviewed July 20, 2009

The waitstaff was incredible. Very friendly, not bothersome and seemed very eager to help. Ate here after a Broadway show and had the Garlic Shrimp and Fried Calimari. Both were very well portioned and delicious.

The Sangria here is really good as well. Having just traveled to Andalusia, this definitely brought back memories. Out back there is outdoor seating. I highly recommend sitting outside under the stars.

Reviewed May 28, 2009

Staff Excellent. We ate here Memorial Weekend after a show. The peach & strawberry
sangria was very good. We decided to make Tapas our meal so we each ordered 3 and kept the menu thinking we would order more. Our food arrived in 2 towers - WOW. A lot of food for 2 ladies. It was delicious and way more food than we could eat. My advice is to order 2 Tapas at a time between 2 people to gauge it correctly.
I definately plan to go back.

Reviewed May 19, 2009

We had a good time. Great food. Good service. Nice choice of tapas & paellas in the heart of times square. Nice outdoor terrace in the back. Would certainly go back.
Excellent sangria.

Reviewed April 23, 2009

My mom and I ate at Sangria 46 a couple of weeks ago on a visit to New York. We were both SO impressed with the restaurant that we went back for dinner another night. I love sangria and my mom and I sampled four different flavors and loved all of them. The tapas are yummy (especially the spinach and cheese croquettes) and our entrees were always delicious (I got the cheese ravioli both times. Love it!). The only downside is that it can get pretty crowded and as is the case with many authentic European restaurants, service can be slower than we Americans are used to. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and wish we had it in San Diego!

Reviewed March 26, 2009

We stopped in here on a Saturday night after a show, ordered a white sangria and a peach strawberry sangria. They were both delicious. They serve them by the glass, 1/2 pitcher, or a full pitcher. The glasses are $7 or $8 each, a great bargain for NYC. Our waiter was very friendly, great atmosphere.