“I felt like I was back in Spain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sangria 46

Sangria 46
Reserve with OpenTable
Sangria 46 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #692 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 8th and 9th Ave.
Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street.
Description: Sangria 46 offers the cuisine of Spain and Latin America in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, we serve a delicious array of seafood, meat, and vegetarian tapas and entrees, as well as paella and prix-fixe menus. We also feature an extensive selection of sangrias, wines, cocktails, and beers. Enjoy sitting at the bar, in the main dining room, or outside on the patio.
Frederick, Maryland
“I felt like I was back in Spain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Restaurant Sangria 46 is incredible! It has great, friendly service and excellent authentic Spanish food! The paella was to die for!!!! Luis was a great waiter! The owners are very friendly and kind people, everyone who works there is great!

I've lived and studied in Spain a few times and I am familiar with authentic Spanish food. The paella at Sangria 46 is made with Bomba rice, the type of rice often used to make paella in Spain. We also had excellent coconut shrimp with an amazing dipping sauce. This restaurant is now my favorite in New York City! I enjoyed it so much that I went back two more times. The Spanish tortilla (similar to an egg omelet with potatoes and onions) tasted just like it does in Spain! The lobster ravioli was delicious! Great flan and the Sangria was awesome! I was so impressed with the food that I asked, who is the chef? He is a chef from Spain, he is new to the restaurant, 5 months ago. Thank you, Chef Ignacio! Thanks to everyone who works there!

Sangria 46 has a wonderful lunch special for $22.00 that includes a choice of a tapa (appetizer), entree, dessert and sangria or wine. What a great price for such incredible Spanish food!

It is located on Restaurant Row, 2 blocks from Times Square in the heart of the theater district. Great location!

I highly recommend dining at Sangria 46. It is the BEST Spanish restaurant in New York City! My friend and I are going back to New York in 3 weeks and we will definitely be back!

• Visited December 2013

Des Moines, Iowa
“Wonderful experience at Sangria 46 in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We accidently ran into Sangria 46 tonight and what a wonderful experience it was. Maribel and along with the entire wait staff was such an inspiration. One of the best meals and experiences we have had in NYC. They could not do enough to make sure we were taken care of and that our dinner was exactly what our expectations were. Our waiter was wonderful (unfortunately I do not have his name). The weekend prior to New Year’s Eve was very busy and Maribel wanted to make sure we were seated and well taken care of. We highly recommend this hidden secret and we will be back!!

• Visited December 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This place was a very pleasant surprise, we went for dinner and it was packed, even though the service was fast and very attentive. We shared some tapas and had couple of extra dishes, everything was really good, the pork with the blue cheese sauce on top was to die for. The wine list was great, desserts were also good. Considering the quality of the food and the wine and the excellent service the price was excellent. For sure a place to come back in future trips to NY.

• Visited November 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Went after theatre show, attentive servers, good food, with authentic tastes. Would go again! Try their Churros, were delicious :)

• Visited October 2013
nyc
“A hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were going to the theater & we wanted to dine in a tapas restaurant.
We found Sangria 46, a tapas restaurant & bar. We ordered 4 tapas plates and each one was delicious. The bill was very reasonable especially since we also ordered wine.
And we could actually hear each other's conversation.
I will definitely eat there again when I go to a Broadway play.

• Visited November 2013