“Menu needs to be revamped, uneven cooking”
Review of Settepani

Settepani
Ranked #1,696 of 13,735 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Harlem
Cross street: 119th and 120th
Transit: 116 St (2, 3) 125 St (2, 3) 116 St (A, B, C)
New York City, New York
“Menu needs to be revamped, uneven cooking”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Have had dinner there several times but we are running out of what to order. Some items on the menu not appealing those that were good the first time were just okay the next try. Service very nice. Would love to give it another try hopefully the chef has perfected the dishes.

Visited September 2012

“Great food”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Casual elegant atmosphere, attentive and polite service. Excellent dishes. Presentation is understated but pleasant.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Visited this bistro after arriving from JFK on our first day in NYC. Service was excellent and the food was very nice (soup/panini deal was tasty, filling and good value). We were made to feel very welcome, and was a lovely start to our trip.

Visited October 2012
Canberra
“Great steak”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We had a very good evening here. We only had a main course each because we have found that serving sizes in New York are huge.My braised rabbit dish and my wife's steak were both excellent. The steak was the best that we have encountered during a month's travelling in France and Croatia. The dish was let down a bit by the soggy, unappetising fries. All the dishes we saw being served to other customers looked good. The service was friendly and efficient. The prices aren't cheap but we probably think that because our meals in Croatia and France were such good value.

I wouldn't make a special trip to eat here but it is worth trying if you are in the area.

3 Thank Les36
South London
“slow service”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were a party of three vegetarians. On asking the staff if they could do an evening vegetarian meal we were offered a vegetable sandwich! On asking a second time later in the day the manager said she would ask the chef so we booked a table for that evening. On arrival we were expected but the chef had not prepared anything special and we were given the choice of the starters or a pizza. I ordered a mushroom lasagne. After waiting for quite a while the pizza and salad arrived and the waiter said to me "shall I bring you a plate?" I said no thank you as I was waiting for my own meal. Unfortunately the waiter had not ordered my meal and went away to do so but came back and said there was no lasagne left so I took a plate and shared some pizza. The waiter then returned and said they had found a portion and would I like it? In the end it was not very nice. I cannot vouch for this restaurant but it might be better for regular eaters!

• Visited September 2012