1,517 results
All reviews columbus circle lincoln center steam room rooms are basic great gym key card times square three blocks clean towels location is excellent bunkbeds broadway starbucks ave
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2018

We stayed in the hostel/hotel whilst on a school trip from the UK. Whilst we didn't expect anything amazing before we went, i was frankly shocked with the disgrace we were given to stay in. Our door had to be forced locked, our radiator was broken, our room was so small we could hardly fit both me and my friends case in the room. The beds were highly uncomfortable and to top it off the ladder would not connect to the top bunk. We also found a small rusty pin in our bunk on the second night! The bathrooms were small, and very uncomfortable to use. The showers were see through and when sharing with strangers made for an awkward experience. Only 2 of the 3 toilets worked which made for long queues. It became very crowded at a night time and early mornings.

Overall, i believe that if you are staying in a beautiful place like New York, you should spend a bit more money on a nicer experience in a nicer hotel. Will not be returning!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank jess_maroney
nkellerwatson, Reservations Agent at West Side YMCA, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

We are very sorry this was your experience at West Side and we appreciate you sharing this information so that we can make the proper improvements

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

You can't get better than this location. Sure, you share a bathroom and you sleep in a bunk bed but HEY this place is cheap so get over it!! Recommend it for a young adventurer on a budget. Catch the sub anywhere in the city no problems..

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank petetravel648
nkellerwatson, Reservations Agent at West Side YMCA, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again

Reviewed February 13, 2018

Location is great, right next to central park and close to Times Squares, Whole Foods, shopping, subway, etc. The place itself is ok. The room had a tv, desk, heater and a/c. There was a lot of noise coming from the heater at night (only the first two nights), very annoying. I was glad it stopped after that. The shared bathrooms were not that good (I believe I was on the 8th floor). There were 3 toilet stalls only one with a working lock. Also 3 showers of which 2 worked. Luckily I never had to wait. There is however also a gym, swimmingpool etc down stairs but I didn't go there. If you're not in the room a lot, it's fine. And there is roomkeeping every day to replace towels and leave you soap.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank TalithaMM

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you informing us of the issues during your stay and we will share that information with the appropriate staff.

Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

You can get yourself clean
You can have a good meal
You can do whatever you feel.

Young man, Are you listening to me
I said, young man, what do you want to be
I said, young man, you can make real your dreams

but you've got to know this one thing.
No man, does it all by himself
I said, young man, put your pride on the shelf

And just go there, to the Y.M.C.A.
I'm sure they can help you today

It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.
They have everything for young men to enjoy.
You can hang out with all the boys.

You can get yourself clean
You can have a good meal

You can do whatever you feel.
Young Man, I was once in your shoes
I said, I was down and out with the blues

Trip type: Traveled with friends
nkellerwatson, other at West Side YMCA, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at West Side! We appreciate your comments and we hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

We loved the location and how clean this place was, the gym is really good and everyone is helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay the only negative was the bathrooms were quite small but that's all. We could see Central Park from the window on our floor!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily G
Francisca I, Guest room coordinator at West Side YMCA, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your comments and would love to see you again soon!