5 people are viewing this hotel
$82
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
travelup.com
$87
Destinia.com
$71
Priceline$82
Vio.com$73
Agoda.com$92
1,603 results
All reviews columbus circle single bed times square location is excellent rooms are small sauna broadway starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at the westside YMCA for 5 days in october 2012... right next door to central park, a great location close enough to Times Square.
Its basic, a small bed, tv,small towel provided and toilets and showers down the corridor.
I was concerned after reading some of the reviews, but for my first 5 days in New York i was on my own and every other hotel was in the $400 region... i paid $135 a night here.
Been a while since i travelled alone, but the place was cheap, close to all attractions, safe(my main concern) and i found the staff to be friendly!

Room tip: stay on the top 3 floors, cost more but have been renovated so although basic,, and i mean basic, the showers and toilets are good.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank kazza1_12
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed in this hostel as part of a group trip. I decided to stay in a private room, which was very basic. It had the bed, a desk with a small tv and an air conditioner in the room. I was using shared bathrooms for the week I was staying there. I didn't have one good shower the whole week I was there, as it seemed the shower only went from freezing cold - boiling hot, and no matter how long i tried to adjust it, it would always be unbearably hot...

The location of the hostel was the best thing about it. Literally a minutes walk(not even) to Central Park. 10 minute walk to Times Square. Ideal and very close to main subway lines too.

Overall, when you are visiting one of the world's most amazing cities, you tend to be out from first thing in the morning - to dinner time, then back out again. I was very rarely in the room during the day. So I would recommend this place to anyone looking to visit New York for a few days - a week, if you are going to be doing a lot of sightseeing.

Room tip: Hire a bike and cycle around Central Park! Great on a sunny day!
Date of stay: March 2012
1  Thank Rjc44
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This Hostel is a piece of crab. The Restrooms are gross, the matresses are pretty uncomfortable and the Wifi didn't work for a whole weekend!!!
The Personal called themselves stupid and unable to manage things.

Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank Kiralisak
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I recently stayed here and the location was amazing! 5 mins from the Dakota Building, outside which John Lennon was shot, and right next to Central Park!
It is a one star hostel, but compared price-wise with other NY hotels, well no comparison, far and away the cheapest for decent value. I had the Premium single room which has a shared bathroom/toilets, but only one shower so you can lock the door and be private. My friend was on the floor below, cheaper but 3 showers per bathroom.
The place was clean, but I had the feeling of being in Prisoner Cell Block H :-), very bare rooms with a single thin blanket, and long white corridors, doors clanging. . . almost looking for the jailer with keys! Didn't bother us, made us laugh actually.
There is TV in rooms, not flat screen but does work so you can get depressed watching the US elections, or tune into a B movie.
The person who told me about the place said they did incredible breakfasts, but we asked and the desk said they didn't. . .? This friend was talking a couple of years ago since she went, maybe they stopped, pity.
Have to say I got excellent service from the manager whom I emailed to complain the heating in my room didn't work.and I'd had hassles with engineers not showing, etc. He actually refunded my money, so I was very impressed, felt way more than fair.
Overall, a great place to stay if you're on a budget and not going to spend a heap of time in your room.

1  Thank starggypsy
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hostel is best place for visiting nyc if you are backpackers.You can walk to times square in ten minutes.Also central park; you need to walk just 5 minutes to it.Private rooms are ideal but aware of it has shared bahtroom.It is a completly budget hostel.

Room tip: best price for best location in nyc...