“The perfect stay - but pricey”

Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
Ranked #106 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Oslo, Norway
“The perfect stay - but pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2010

Trump is a great hotel. It offers everything, catering to your hearts desire - with perfect location just beside Central Park.

However, all this has it's price. I paid $12.000 for a 12-day stay. Could i have found cheaper hotels with the same level of standard in New York city? Probably. I think you pay a lot for the "Trump"-name - maybe a bit too much.

• Stayed July 2010
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, December 29, 2010
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. Also, many thanks for commending our service staff, who really do their very best to cater to our guests' needs. Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2010

We just got back from our annual shopping visit to NYC where we stayed in a 1 bedroom city view suite at the Trump. We had absolutely no issues with our stay. Check-in was flawless, the staff was wonderfully attentive. Our suite was spotless and I always felt that somehow the general manager, Suzie, was always on top of things. To just top off our experience, a film was being shot in front of the hotel, instead of taking it as an annoyance, we enjoyed all the unique activities happening around us. They were shooting a scene that included the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade so our little boys had the opportunity to see the parade come by the hotel several times. Granted its was always the same balloons and the same marching band but they had fun nonetheless.

The hotel's courtesy car (a very comfy and warm mercedes) was available 80% of the time---this has NEVER happened to us. Do we plan to return to the Trump International next year?----If we do not get priced out----ABSOLUTELY....

On the issue of price, we've enjoyed many fine luxury hotels over the past 20 years and I can honestly say, the Trump International is one of those few that is also a tremendous value.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms. Also, many thanks for commending our service team; your kind recognition will be very well received. Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York in the very near future.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

The service at this hotel is outstanding. The small lobby which rarely has more than 1 or 2 other guest parties in it at any time gave me the feeling we were in a select group of guests. The staff bends over backwards for you and service is beyond reproach.

The room was gorgeous, with a full kitchen. The bed was one of the best I've ever slept in, including mine at home. I think it was even a Trump matress. Everything in the room was Trump this or Trump that. Kind of weird, but that's how he rolls.

The location was magnificent, right across from Central Park. Tons of restaurants within walking distance and the Trump concierge will get you into any of the packed spots for the reservation of your choice. I guess they know people.

The only downsides were a shower handle that came off in my hand, forcing me to run the shower with a wine opener that morning. The cost was pretty obscenely high, but everything in NY is expensive. I wouldn't say that I would consider it a good value due to the price, but it was a beautiful hotel if you don't care about price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York and for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent visit with us. I am very pleased to read your very positive comments. We certainly look forward to welcoming back soon again.
ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and I celebrated our 12th wedding Anniversary this past weekend and decided to stay in NYC.We chose the Trump International based on it's location and reviews on tripadvisor. I also got a amazing rate on Luxuryhotels.com..We had stayed here ten years ago and did not love it.This time we really loved it.
We were warmly greeted upon arrival and for our Anniversary they sent up a bottle of Champagne with some cheese.They really make you feel welcome.
The room was beautiful and we thought it had everything one could possibly need.We did ask for some large wine glasses and they were there in 5 minutes.(When we stayed at the Waldorf Towers they told us they were to busy to send anything to our room and we should uses our water glasses)The full kitchen is a nice touch although we did not do any cooking.
The hotel is in a great location located right next to the subway which made getting around so easy.The Time Warner center,Lincoln center,and CP nearby are extra perks as well.
We did not have dinner at the Hotel's restaurants this time but we have in the past.Both excellent.For this trip we had dinner at Asiate-Amazing view and Food and Marea-Amazing food.Both are in walking distance from the Hotel.
Overall this is a five star hotel with a warm feeling.I would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Hooksett, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

This is probably the best managed hotel in the world. The service is superb, the restaurant is unsurpassed, the locaton is unparalled, the cleanliness is exquisite and the staff is the most friendly in the world, I recommend this hotel to anybody. The manager, Suzie Mills, is the best in the business. The rooms have just been refurbished and are better than ever. ""The spa is superb. Nobody can go wrong with the Trump.
I am James M. Shea and have stayed at the Trump more than 50 times. Please contact me if I can be off any assistance, jljshea@comcast.net.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. I would also like to thank you for your ongoing loyalty to our Hotel. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York in the very near future.
the deep south!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

Amazing. That's all you need to know. From the moment you arrive, you are greeted with genuine warmth and friendliness. I don't think we ever pressed a button on the elevator during our entire stay. The decor is gorgeous, views are stunning, amenities are endless. Full kitchen with Wolf and Sub-zero??? GET OUT!! It's too much, really. If you want to be spoiled and never enjoy another hotel again, anywhere, then stay here once! It's sooo worth it!! We just returned from another NYC trip on the company's dime--they put us up across town for free--DH and I agreed that we'll never do that again. Would've been worth it to pay and stay here instead--really!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit, including your newly renovated accommodation. Also, many thanks for commending our service team; your kind recognition will be very well received. Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York in the near future.
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed at the Trump for our 25th anniversary last week and there was nothing that could have made it better. Our stay was perfect. We had a central park view and the service was excellent. Wonderful location, we could walk to the park, shopping, restaurants and theaters. THe subway station is next to the hotel so there is easy access to any other part of the city. At check in you are greeted with warm hand towels and bottled water. We frequently travel to NYC and will now always stay at the Trump. Worth the splurge.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, October 14, 2010
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your first visit to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. We’re so pleased to know we are your new favorite hotel and to learn that our efforts are so warmly acknowledged. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.