“Relaxing time”

Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
Ranked #122 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights at the beginning of April with my husband. We both had an amazing relaxing time at Trump International. A special thank you to Carlos and his team on the concierge desk who were extremely helpful and friendly. I had arranged a few things with Carlos before I arrived, from dinner at Jean George, a car service to and from the airport, hair and makeup to be done in my room and a wonderful spa treatment the morning after we arrived, all arranged perfectly.

We stayed in a beautiful suite, with amazing views. The suite had lovely high ceilings and was very clean modern and spacious. Housekeeping did a brilliant job everyday and a lovely turn down service at night leaving bottled water, chocolate and a cute weather report for the next day. The location is perfect and it was great to have central park across the road. We had a couple of drinks in the hotel bar but never dined there, but the food did look great.

The only negative things was the lobby area was way too small and we were disappointed with our meal in Jean George. As it is a 3 Michelin star restaurant we were looking forward to being wowed and it just didn't happen. The food was just okay, nothing special. My squab was so tough I couldn't cut into it and my lobster was over cooked and chewy. I did mention when asked about the squab that it wasn't good and I was offered some cheese. But for me it was just a disappointment as I was really looking forward to this meal.

But I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest, I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your 5 night stay with us at Trump International Hotel &Tower New York-Central Park. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our hotel. I will certainly pass along your kind comments to Carlos and the concierge team. Rest assured we will forward your feedback regarding your restaurant experience to Jean-Georges Management and I trust you will find an improvement in this regard when you return to stay with us. Thank you and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I just checked out of this hotel today and it was actually my first trip ever to NYC. I was there for 4 nights in an executive suite. I noticed that this hotel uses an actual room key still, haven't seen that in a long time. The room was slightly dated and could definitely benefit from a remodel. I have stayed at the Trump in Waikiki and absolutely loved it, I chose this hotel based on my previous Trump experience. My television froze up on my last night and the heater stopped working that night as well. We were to tired to call for assistance after all day and week of walking/shopping. By 3am the room was ice cold so we got out of bed and turned the oven on and left it open for a short while to warm the room up. Since the room was rather small even for a suite, it was able to warm up a little. If it weren't for the incredible service and staff I would never consider returning to this hotel. I probably won't but it there is a slight possibility. The location is great and convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank steve l
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Since we take all our guests’ comments very seriously, I have brought your feedback to the attention of the entire management staff, and addressed each mentioned issue with the departments involved, in an effort to make improvements in the future. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back and I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Our family LOVES the Trump International.
The staff is incredibly consistent and friendly.
The location cannot be beat!
The guest rooms have recently been redone, and they are very nice.

Nougatine is an amazing restaurant to have right in the hotel.

Room Tip: The city view rooms are spectacular, just like the park view rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the very positive review after your most recent visit to Trump International Hotel & Tower NY-Central Park. We are so glad that you enjoy our unbeatable location as well as our recently re-decorated guestrooms, and our staff will be pleased to learn of your gracious comments regarding their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed 3 weeks in march this beautiful hotel. Top Location, amazing views and suites, super motivated and friendly staff, 1AAA restaurant & bar and the concierce service is phenomenal. I m coming back there may 2014 and selected this hotel zu my favorite in New York.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank donnazaubermaus
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review after your recent 3-week visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and services. Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Went for a mother/daughter weekend. Perfect location. Perfect service. I love the rooms at all Trump locations. They are classy, stylish and luxurious. Housekeeping services are perfect. Room was spotless and the bedding is divine. Staff - especially the doormen- are helpful and offered us good advice on where to go etc., We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: If you are going to spend a lot of time in the room then pay the extra for a room that faces the par...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your very positive review of your mother/daughter weekend stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower New York at Central Park! We are so pleased that you were impressed with your guestroom as well as our location and amenities. Our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations once again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My partner and I planned a weekend here to make our engagement official. Ms. Mills the GM and her amazing team made sure that every detail was perfect, from champagne in our room upon arrival to our dinner reservation at Jean George. The very attentive service and attention to detail began the moment we stepped out of our cab...then receiving a congratulations on our engagement from the person managing our check in to arriving in our gorgeous suite with breathtaking views of Central Park...we couldn't have asked for a more perfect stay. Being able to simply go downstairs and dine at Jean George, which in my opinion is the finest restaurant in NYC, to having an after dinner drink at the bar at Nougatine...We didn't need to leave the building to experience every indulgence on our perfect evening.

The location, service and well deserved 5 stars and 5 diamonds make this hotel stay worth every penny.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a room with a park view on a high floor is worth every penny.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, Front Office Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower NY-Central Park and we extend our congratulations to you and your partner on your engagement. We are so pleased you enjoyed a warmly memorable experience and thank you for commending our staff and services. We do look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding proposal, which the staff helped me execute flawlessly. As you would expect, the service and quality is top notch. The bed is most likely more comfortable than whatever you have at home. The food is terrific and the staff is available to meet any needs you have at any hour of the day.

Room Tip: My one piece of advice would be to "splurge" and get a room overlooking Central Park--it...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, top notch service and comfort. I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.