“Treated like royalty”

Ranked #105 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Del Mar, California
“Treated like royalty”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This wasn't our first stay at the Trump and won't be the last. We were there for an extended stay of several weeks. We have stayed at at least 7 other luxury hotels in the city but none offer what the Trump does. The staff, certainly the friendliest in town, is very professional. They truly treat you like you are a member of the Trump family.
The rooms are well appointed, very attractive, very clean, and have small kitchens. The beds are absolutely dreamy. There is even a pillow menu. Housekeeping is right on it. Our room was always cleaned by the time we arrived back. Room amenities are generous and smell wonderful.
The spa and salon have recently been remodeled and are first rate. The gym is outstanding with once again a friendly and helpful staff and every machine you could want.
The location works very well for us. Away from the 5th Avenue tourist crowds but easy walk to museums, shopping, midtown and of course, CentralPark is just across the street.
I used the business center too. Again they were very helpful. We really appreciate the fresh bottles of water and chocolate treats every night. Room service was surprisingly quick and always delicious. The restaurant is from a world famous chef and the food tastes like it.
I can't think of anything I would improve...and that's a first!

Room Tip: The Park view rooms are fabulous of course but the city view is interesting too and a lot less expen...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DelMartian92014
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent extended-stay at the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am delighted to read that you consider our staff to be the friendliest in town as well as very professional. Thank you for your positive appraisal of our accommodations, housekeeping, business center and spa services. I know Jean-Georges’ restaurant and room service staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice hotel and centrally located. Central park across the street and shopping everywhere. The a/c was very noisy which we did NOT like. Great chocolate treats at night on the pillow. Good restaurant where hubby had a fantastic salmon at lunch. Everyone was very nice and attentive.
Room had a kitchen including cooktop, dishwasher, microwave, and sink. Two hugh closets which was overkill. Bath room was a little small.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for the positive feedback of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted you enjoyed our Central Park location amid the many activities around our Hotel. We are also glad you enjoyed our very special Tumbador chocolates as well as our fully-equipped European-style kitchen featuring Sub-Zero appliances. Our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. On another note, we do apologize for the noisy AC which we have since repaired. For future reservations, we do have accommodations with larger bathrooms, so please mention your preference next time you book with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed over New Year 2012/2013 with our two young children for a few nights. I absolutely loved it and can't wait to return! Used the limo service to collect us at Newark for a flawless transfer and a great introduction to NYC for the children.

Our suite was great, small but that's New York I guess, anyhow the four of us managed fine! What a view...... I still dream of it. A minor problem in the bathroom was attended to immediately.

Breakfast downstairs was always great and served with a smile.

But what impressed me the most was the concierge - unbelievably brilliant. We dealt with one person in particular and I am ashamed to say that I have taken so long to write this review I have forgotten his name. But wow - everything we asked, from restaurant recommendations and bookings (he got us a table at a nearby popular restaurant on the morning of 1st January that would otherwise have been impossible to get), to shopping tips, to a babysitter, was catered for immediately, with the upmost courtesy and friendliness. He and the other concierges just made our stay! The doormen were fantastic too, we got more than one quick ride in the house limo when we happened to be there at the right time!

Thank you everyone, you were so kind to ourselves and our children, we really hope to return soon!

Room Tip: The higher the room, the more breathtaking the view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your New Year's visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our services and I know our Concierge staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel provided a temporary home to our family during our stay in NYC. A convenient reservation, a nice welcome to check in. We got a good experience, especially in the staffs. It locates at west to Central Park, nears to Lincoln Art Center. There are many museums around here. And great shopping ports star over the area. We took a walk and found many boutiques. We also found many varied restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jennifer1877
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. I am delighted that you considered our hotel as your family's temporary home in NYC, that you received a nice welcome upon check in and that you enjoyed the many activities in the vicinity of our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
NSW
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at the Trump SoHo last year, and while I loved the hotel service and the room, it was a little too hip for my liking. This time we opted for the Trump International, and it was perfect. The service is amazing, the room was beautiful, and the location can't be beat.

The staff were welcoming from the moment we arrived. It was my husband's 40th birthday, and they made effort effort to help us celebrate the occasion. There were chocolate dipped strawberries and mineral water on our arrival. On his birthday, a lovely note and a chilled bottle of champagne greeted us on our return from dinner. The hotel car was offered to us on one occasion. Everyone was friendly and helpful. It was a delight to receive such a high standard of service.

If that wasn't enough, the room was gorgeous. We booked an Executive City Suite and were on the tenth floor overlooking Columbus Circle. The view was amazing. As other reviewers have noted, the bathroom is small and the shower pressure is a little weak. Such minor issues should not detract from the rest of the room, or the stay overall. The Trump international receives a 10/10 from me!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions and that your husband enjoyed his 40th birthday celebration with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our hotel. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am not a fan of Mr. Trump's politics, but my wife and I decided to stay at his hotel given its location. It is in Columbus Circle and is convenient to subways, Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, and a whole host of wonderful shops and restaurants. The service was sublime, and the room on the 10th floor was spacious, clean, and quiet. The staff could not have treated us better. It was a great choice, better in my opinion than other great hotels where we have stayed, such as the Peninsula, Four Seasons, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for the very positive review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York at Central Park! I am delighted to read your appraisal and gracious comments concerning our team and that you found our service to be sublime, your room to be spacious, clean and quiet. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
River Vale, New Jersey
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here a few years ago and enjoyed it then. It was just as good this time. This time I stayed for business. Before I got there the concierge wrote to me to see if I needed anything and when I thought I would be checking in. When I got there my room was ready, in fact, they up graded me which was a very nice touch. The room was beautiful, bed was comfortable, toiletries were fantastic. Just a great experience in New York. I highly recommend it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Costello3
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a positive review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel and that you enjoyed the Concierge pre-arrival services, the beautiful room, comfortable bed and fantastic toiletries! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.