“Incredible hotel in the best location in NYC!”

Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
Ranked #103 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We just returned from a six day stay at the Trump and couldn't be happier. It was crazy hot in NYC but the Trump was a wonderful oasis. From the moment we walked in the front door things were perfect. Our rooms were instantly upgraded to beautiful city view suites! The staff throughout the hotel were friendly, helpful yet discrete. The amenities were also top-notch from the food to the fitness center. Finally, you cannot beat the location. With Central Park on one corner, Midtown out the front door and the Upper West Side out the other side you are situated perfectly for your Manhattan stay. Use the Wholefoods across the street for supplies, rent a bike from the girls at the Columbus circle entrance to the park and finally use the subway right out your front door!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I usually spend Valentine's Day in New York. We had stayed at the W Times Square previously and had been upgraded to a suite and loved it. But last Valentine's Day we were not upgrade and the room was too too small. So on a busy Valentine's Day holiday we were able to transfer to the Trump International. From the moment I walked in the lobby and Antoine greeted me, I felt like someone cared about my comfort and well-being. We were upgraded to a junior suite which was unbelievable. It had a kitchen, dining area, living room area with large window overlooking Broadway and the Time Warner Building, separate bedroom and large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub. Shortly after arriving in the room, a gentle knock on the door brought two bottles of complimentary sparkling water on a silver tray. Another knock on the door brought a fresh orchid for the bathroom and complimentary chocolates. My stress was melting away and thoughts of romance began. Every detail of comfort seemed to be attended to or offered, including complimentary butler service, if required. The room was immaculately clean and quiet, not to mention elegant. A chandelier over the dining table gave what might have been a cold area in any other room, a warm classy feeling. We ordered room service the first night of our stay and it was probably the best room service food we have ever been had. The fact that it was from the hotel's Jean George (famous chef) restaurant may have had something to do with it. The next night we had drinks at the bar of the very busy restaurant and had a thoroughly good time. Great cocktails. The staff at the desk was always interested to know if there was anything we needed each time we passed by. I can't say enough nice things about what a wonderful experience we had on our visit and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. I was so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your Valentine's visit at our Hotel. Thank you for commending our staff and services. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I chose this hotel for a few reasons, in an executive City View suite
- it has a pool (not many in NYC do), and its nice to have a refreshing swim after a day of sightseeing
- a small kitchenette, which can come in handy if you have kids
- great location across from Central Park, above a subway, and Columbus Circle across the street where there is a great Whole Foods supermarket.

They had kid size robes and slippers which was a very nice touch - have never seen kiddie size slippers at a hotel. The staff where extremely extremely welcoming and friendly. Good free wi-fi.

But more traditional /old fashioned style decor (gold fittings in the bathrooms!) so if you're after modern and sleek, not the place for you. Sparse bathroom amenities for a five star. Pool temperature too cold.

Would I stay here again for $850 a night? I am not sure - I would probably look if there is anything with comparable facilities that is five star first before deciding.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Thank you for commending our staff and kid-friendly services. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is my 2nd Trump experience (having stayed at Toronto and loved that I thought I'd try New York) and I will definitely be back.

I prefer a more personalised service rather than a large faceless hotel, and Trump International Hotel & Tower certainly delivered that. Intimate lobby where I was welcomed by name (how do they do that?!) and quickly shown up to my room. I booked a park view and it was absolutely amazing! The views were incredible - it's summer but I'd love to come back and see it when the park is covered in snow.

Very good rooms - I'm still impressed with the electronic blinds where you can push one button and open (or close) the curtains, and the lighting in the room was great. Extremely comfortable bed, lovely little touches of luxury and an all-together great experience.

I wish I could remember the name of the cocktail I had at the bar too - all I know is that it was excellent, extremely refreshing and had cucumber in it! If you see it on the menu, order it - in New York summer heat it was needed!

I didn't get the chance to use the Attache service this time but I know from experience that it's good. With the full-sized kitchens I think next time (in the winter, when it's beautiful but I might want to stay indoors) I'll send them over an order so the fridge is stocked when I get there!

Thanks to Suzie (General Manager) and her team for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. I was so pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our newly renovated guestroom facilities, and thank you for commending our staff and services. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here for the location, n bc I wanted a pool for my child, but did not get to use it much, next to Central Park w a subway stop right next to it, n w apartment right next to hotel, was there w family for conference, n I basically only had time to sleep, I live in ny, but stay in hotels from time to time just for a different experience.
Small kitchen that I did not use. With so many places to eat in the city did not eat in hotel.
Probably will not stay again, rather spend on food instead.

Room Tip: All is fine, Central Park view if u prefer a bit of nature in a city
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The location is the best part about this hotel. It sits right on the southwest corner of Central Park. Right next to Columbus circle and Whole Foods. The Views are amazing from the park side but pricey. The city side views are also nice if you are into building views. Floor to ceiling glass in the main living room with spacious sitting area. The hotel is a little outdated. We had a one bedroom corner suite city view. The bathroom was tiny and outdated but functional. The kitchen, and living room were fabulous, The bedroom small but very functional. The i pod docking did not work when we arrived but an engineer came up promptly and updated the unit so we could have music. Front staff was very nice. Housekeeping was great. Never saw the restaurant as it sits on a floor other than entry...kind of out of sight out of mind. Will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

So Very Disappointing! When you book an expensive 5 star experience, you expect to get one. Have stayed at other luxury hotels in Europe and the US and this does not compare. This is a want-to-be only. There is so much tacky brass trim everywhere in the Lobby you feel like you're in a really bad 70's dream. The rest of the common area decor is brown on brown. Hallways are bland and showing wear. It was 85 degrees/humid out and we had on dress shorts, dress shirts, blouses and cute sandals but were not allowed by the concierge (and manager) into their Nougatine restaurant for lunch even though they claim to have a semi-casual restaurant on the website.They let a group in with jeans and a boy with a spider man costume but we couldn't go in because we had on short pants. Room service was marginal and greasy. There is no place to eat breakfast or lunch and female concierge was rude and didn't even suggest an offsite location. Our 14 year old daughter and best friend were with us and although extremely mature, well traveled and well mannered, the female concierge only wanted to book us at loud noisy local restaurants for dinner just because of their age. Room had a kitchen but good luck getting a simple glass of milk or cream to put in your coffee. Bed mattress was worn and broken down. Will be staying at different luxury hotel when in NYC next Fall. This was a horrible frustrating experience.

1  Thank LoveLuxeTravel
TIHT-NY, Front Office Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Since we take all our guests’ comments very seriously, I have brought your feedback to the attention of the entire management staff, and addressed each mentioned issue with the departments involved, in an effort to prevent any similar occurrences from happening in the future. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience.