“Tried to be fancy, gold faucet was funny, chandeliers, small pool”

Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
Ranked #116 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here for the location, n bc I wanted a pool for my child, but did not get to use it much, next to Central Park w a subway stop right next to it, n w apartment right next to hotel, was there w family for conference, n I basically only had time to sleep, I live in ny, but stay in hotels from time to time just for a different experience.
Small kitchen that I did not use. With so many places to eat in the city did not eat in hotel.
Probably will not stay again, rather spend on food instead.

Room Tip: All is fine, Central Park view if u prefer a bit of nature in a city
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The location is the best part about this hotel. It sits right on the southwest corner of Central Park. Right next to Columbus circle and Whole Foods. The Views are amazing from the park side but pricey. The city side views are also nice if you are into building views. Floor to ceiling glass in the main living room with spacious sitting area. The hotel is a little outdated. We had a one bedroom corner suite city view. The bathroom was tiny and outdated but functional. The kitchen, and living room were fabulous, The bedroom small but very functional. The i pod docking did not work when we arrived but an engineer came up promptly and updated the unit so we could have music. Front staff was very nice. Housekeeping was great. Never saw the restaurant as it sits on a floor other than entry...kind of out of sight out of mind. Will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

So Very Disappointing! When you book an expensive 5 star experience, you expect to get one. Have stayed at other luxury hotels in Europe and the US and this does not compare. This is a want-to-be only. There is so much tacky brass trim everywhere in the Lobby you feel like you're in a really bad 70's dream. The rest of the common area decor is brown on brown. Hallways are bland and showing wear. It was 85 degrees/humid out and we had on dress shorts, dress shirts, blouses and cute sandals but were not allowed by the concierge (and manager) into their Nougatine restaurant for lunch even though they claim to have a semi-casual restaurant on the website.They let a group in with jeans and a boy with a spider man costume but we couldn't go in because we had on short pants. Room service was marginal and greasy. There is no place to eat breakfast or lunch and female concierge was rude and didn't even suggest an offsite location. Our 14 year old daughter and best friend were with us and although extremely mature, well traveled and well mannered, the female concierge only wanted to book us at loud noisy local restaurants for dinner just because of their age. Room had a kitchen but good luck getting a simple glass of milk or cream to put in your coffee. Bed mattress was worn and broken down. Will be staying at different luxury hotel when in NYC next Fall. This was a horrible frustrating experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LoveLuxeTravel
TIHT-NY, Front Office Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Since we take all our guests’ comments very seriously, I have brought your feedback to the attention of the entire management staff, and addressed each mentioned issue with the departments involved, in an effort to prevent any similar occurrences from happening in the future. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

At 725 per night (before taxes and fees) I expect perfection. The room was elegant. However, the bed was not placed on frame correctly the first night and we felt as it we where rolling off the bed. They fixed it very quickly and we realized the second night that the mattress was old and broken down in the middle. C'mon Donald you need to make sure this NEVER happens. Bath tub drain was clogged and it was fixed after we mentioned it. But once again why should we have to. Surely the maid would have noticed this. THe room was spotless and amenities where a delight. Turn dowon service was special. View of Central Park fabulous. I may stay there again but only if at a reasonable rate. Spa service was average. Not a great relaxation area being a small room with a couch and chair brightly it and refrigerator with water that the staff was accessing while we where "relaxing". We had a couples massage which was good not great. Tried to use pool after massage but it was locked. Saunas were average. Exercise room is very nice and very well equipped.

• Stayed: June 2013
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Service, staff, and excellent view is why you come here. Concierge was A+++. Had concierge arrange flowers around the room, along with coordination of the hotel pastry chef to have pastries made to order at a surprise time waiting in room. The pastry chief made a fantastic tray of desserts and on the middle dish upon my request he wrote on white chocolate "Will You Marry Me?" My wife loved how i proposed using the dessert and it was delicious. We had a fantastic modern room with view on i believe the 15th or so floor.

Room Tip: City room at night is beautiful - in summer- spring the central park room is great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rustinkoo

Dear Guest, I would like to extend my congratulations on your engagement and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York in the very near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I recently made a last minute trip to NYC. We booked a very expensive jr. suite at the Trump International Hotel. Great location! We were looking forward to relaxing and seeing a bit of the city. Our room was lovely to look at and had a nice view of Central Park. Unfortunately, we went to bed only to find that the mattress tipped from left to right severely enough that we both work up with back aches from trying to get comfortable. We visited the gym which was great for a work out and then went to shower. Our tub would not drain. We both had to stand in soapy water above our ankles. We called the front desk and a service manager came up and promised to attend to the problems while were were out. When we returned, the bed looked level so we assumed that the problem had been fixed - until we got into bed. Obviously, the mattress was no longer good and we experienced the same problem. In the morning, the tub would still not drain. Trump International is very expensive. I truly did not anticipate troubles like this. Some positives: cool automatic blinds and shades, plenty of water bottles with Donald's face on the labels, and nice big towels. Also, if you want to go to the bar in the lobby, you must wear long slacks to get in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Excellent stay, the hotel exceeded my expectations. You just can't beat the location, and having Central Park right outside the front of the hotel is a huge plus! I highly recomend this hotel, and will absolutely be coming back!

Room Tip: I don't think they have any bad rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael T

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a positive review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.