Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
Ranked #102 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Perth
“Trumped!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Say what you will of Mr Trump, he knows how to deliver luxury service at the right price. Even better when booked through WhatAHotel.com to secure the signature network privileges of complimentary upgrade etc. The only disappointment I had was that when I phoned specifically to check with the front desk about the time the breakfast service finished. They said 12.00 noon on weekends, which I questioned and confirmed with them because it was unusually civilised! It turned out that the front desk was misinformed and unfortunately that meant we were turned away from the restaurant at 11.20am and missed the breakfast that was included in our room price. While disappointing and a little frustrating given my specific questions on the matter, it was not enough to warrant a reduction in rating of this excellent property.

Room Tip: Check out the specials on WhataHotel.com.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were given incorrect breakfast times from the staff. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband back to our hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Connecticut
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My second time at the hotel because I got a reduced rate. They continue to make errors that are not appropriate at this level hotel.
Broken hair dryer (isn't that checked prior to a guest coming in), which delayed me for 30 minutes till they found me a new one, tub that wouldn't drain, making a shower disgusting.
Most troublesome was finding housekeeping in my room when the sign on the door clearly said not to disturb. Nothing was taken but that is a concerning violation.
Great location though.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently staying here with my wife and three children. I was extremely impressed with the service this hotel provides. The employees are exceptionally friendly and unpretentious. The employees especially in the gym/pool/spa make you feel welcome. I even called the manager while i was there to tell her how impressed i was and how they made my children feel welcome.

the rooms were spacious and well decorated with all the amenities you would expect. the rooms are indeed very expensive but for this you get a full service hotel and a great location.

my wife used the spa and she said it was one of the best treatments she had.

all in all....the stay was made 10x better by the employees and the nice facilities including the gym. the common areas are used by permanent residents of the trump tower and therefore they cater to people who are billionaires and demand the best. as a result, they treat the hotel guests very well also. i will certainly return to this hotel in the future and i thank the management for encouraging their employees to be so kid friendly and accommadating.

Room Tip: ask for a park view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. I was so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our newly renovated spa and gym facilities. Thank you for commending our staff and kid-friendly services. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
London
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I can only recommend this hotel, the staff were friendly and welcoming, the executive suite was perfect for a couple travelling with one child, great space and lovely kitchenette, with great views across the floor to ceiling windows. Excellent gym facilities downstairs and swimming pool. A shame we had to shorten our stay because of a winter storm! Would definitely return, whether on a business trip or with family.

• Stayed February 2013
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower New York for your recent stay and for recommending your experience. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will definitely return. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My first time to New York and I wanted an authentic experience.
There are so many great hotels to chose from in New York. We chose Trump because we have the Trump Privileges card and I personally prefer a modern hotel over older traditional hotels.
Having stayed at Trump Chicago and Waikiki, we had high expectations.
When we stayed at Trump New York we genuinely felt like New Yorkers.
This is a small boutique style hotel with a great location on Central Park.
The staff is excellent, they remembered our names and treated us like we were living there not just guests.
The rooms have been updated with stainless steel appliances and fresh decor, however I could smell a faint hint of cigarette smoke in the closet, this is my only negative for the hotel.
I was pleasantly surprised to have such a quiet room. I could not hear street noise or our neighbors--this is one of the reasons why I do not like older hotels.
My favorite part of out trip was Jean Georges; the food is fantastic. I wish there were a Jean Georges in my home town.
Overall, I would definitely stay at the Trump New York again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.
Dubai
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Courtesy of a family , stayed at the studio apartment with my wife. Great location for a getaway . A bit out of the way for work though. The service, room and views were brilliant. Staff is overwhelming ...couldn't have done more. The room was large enough for all the bags of shopping!!! The only compliant I have is that they have a HUGE TV in the room...a bid distracting at times. Highly recommend the hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. I was so pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our newly renovated guestroom facilities, and thank you for commending our staff and services. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Mariehamn, Åland, Finland
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was stay. On your. Hotel. With. My. Mam. And. Dad. A few. Years. A. Go and. I. Liked. It. Very match . The. Suite. Was. Clean. The. Spa. Was. Nice.and. Your. Staff. Was. Very. Help. Full. I. Will. Be back.

Room Tip: Central park suties. Are. Nice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, and look forward to welcoming you back soon again.