New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York

Trump International Hotel and Tower New York
Ranked #55 of 477 Hotels in New York City
London
“Corteous front desk, lovely suite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I can only recommend this hotel, the staff were friendly and welcoming, the executive suite was perfect for a couple travelling with one child, great space and lovely kitchenette, with great views across the floor to ceiling windows. Excellent gym facilities downstairs and swimming pool. A shame we had to shorten our stay because of a winter storm! Would definitely return, whether on a business trip or with family.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower New York for your recent stay and for recommending your experience. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will definitely return. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

My first time to New York and I wanted an authentic experience.
There are so many great hotels to chose from in New York. We chose Trump because we have the Trump Privileges card and I personally prefer a modern hotel over older traditional hotels.
Having stayed at Trump Chicago and Waikiki, we had high expectations.
When we stayed at Trump New York we genuinely felt like New Yorkers.
This is a small boutique style hotel with a great location on Central Park.
The staff is excellent, they remembered our names and treated us like we were living there not just guests.
The rooms have been updated with stainless steel appliances and fresh decor, however I could smell a faint hint of cigarette smoke in the closet, this is my only negative for the hotel.
I was pleasantly surprised to have such a quiet room. I could not hear street noise or our neighbors--this is one of the reasons why I do not like older hotels.
My favorite part of out trip was Jean Georges; the food is fantastic. I wish there were a Jean Georges in my home town.
Overall, I would definitely stay at the Trump New York again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.
Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Courtesy of a family , stayed at the studio apartment with my wife. Great location for a getaway . A bit out of the way for work though. The service, room and views were brilliant. Staff is overwhelming ...couldn't have done more. The room was large enough for all the bags of shopping!!! The only compliant I have is that they have a HUGE TV in the room...a bid distracting at times. Highly recommend the hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review from your most recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. I was so pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our newly renovated guestroom facilities, and thank you for commending our staff and services. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Mariehamn, Åland, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was stay. On your. Hotel. With. My. Mam. And. Dad. A few. Years. A. Go and. I. Liked. It. Very match . The. Suite. Was. Clean. The. Spa. Was. Nice.and. Your. Staff. Was. Very. Help. Full. I. Will. Be back.

Room Tip: Central park suties. Are. Nice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, and look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I took my girlfriend (and later my fiance) on a surprise trip to New York in January and this hotel was our home for 5 days and 4 nights.

We were greeted by the helpful and friendly porters and reception staff as we arrived and were swiftly checked in and on our way up to our wonderful room with incredible views over Central Park.

The room was clean and spacious with a luxurious comfortable bed, enormous TV and kitchen area for rustling up drinks or a quick snack. There was also a generous walk-in wardrobe with plenty of drawers and shelves for storing all of our clothes and suitcases, this was a real asset to the room.

There was also a jacuzzi bath and a well stocked mini-bar with a varied, yet fairly expensive choice of drinks and snacks.

A few very, very minor points for on the room:
The air conditioning was a bit loud.
A little more ceiling lighting would have been nice.
The bed could have been positioned on the opposite wall so that we could lay in bed and look out over Central Park!
That said, none of these things detract from what was a truly wonderful stay.

We spent a great deal of time sat relaxing in the comfortable chairs gazing out of Central Park and Midtown areas watching New York go by, day and night it was mesmerising!

In the basement of the hotel is a well appointed gym and spa complete with pool and very helpful and friendly staff. We only visited once but enjoyed the pool and the steam rooms/sauana (although these are in the changing rooms so we couldn't sit together in the sauna!)

The hotel also houses the outstanding, triple Michelin star Jean Georges restaurant that simply has to be visited.

On the day that I proposed to my girlfriend we returned to our room to find a complimentary bottle of champagne and congratulations note! I had informed the hotel of my intentions when booking the room and they must spotted the ring! A wonderful and thoughtful touch.

It was a pleasure staying at Trump International Hotel and Tower and I would definitely recommend this to others planning a trip to New York.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John G
Dear Guest, I would like to extend my congratulations on your engagement and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower New York in the very near future.
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I wrote a review in October in which I was denied package offerings without response from the manager. This provides an update to the interested reader on these issues and a summary of my Trump experience:

-After posting my review on TripAdvisor, a hotel representative responded and I was able to directly contact them and voice my concerns. I was offered, and accepted, a suitable alternative, and Trump updated their website to reflect current package offerings. All issues were resolved to my satisfaction.

-Regarding my stay, it was very nice. We obtained a room overlooking central park. It was early fall and the panoramic view was simply breathtaking. I could not be more happy with the view or location. As for other reviewers commenting on the size of the room; you are staying in NYC, the rooms are all going to be a bit 'small' by conventional standards. However, based on my prior NYC lodgings, this room was amply sized as described, though the bathroom itself only allowed for 1 person comfortably. The bed and pillows were fine. Heating/cooling system worked great, quiet environment (again we were facing park), and everything was clean.

The location is fantastic. Right on Columbus circle; major subway stop a 500 feet away, multiple fine restaurants, shopping, and the Lincoln Center is right across the street. The concierge was very good. We dined at Jean George's; which simply blew all other Michelin rated restaurants I've experienced away. The spa services and fitness center were top notch as well. Staff was always attentive and responsive to our needs (i.e. we arrived VERY early in the day and they allowed our immediate use of the health club locker rooms for freshening up, changing, etc... so we could hit the town prior to check-in).

Yes, it is an expensive stay, but we had a significantly better experience at Trump than some other 'premiere' hotels in NYC and we will definitely consider returning on our next NYC getaway. In all, after my initial issues were handled, I found my stay pleasant and the staff/management to be responsive and exercised well done common sense and discretion.

Room Tip: Do all you can to overlook the park on a high floor. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BougieKnight
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park and for taking the time to post a positive review of your recent visit. We are delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel and thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
london england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel has a good location and is particularly convenient for late night performances at the Lincoln Center. It is very very expensive and there are some rooms and suites with views over Central Park. Bedrooms are clean and well equipped apart from an almost complete lack of drawer space, and the bed was extremely comfortable. There is an exceptionally good fitness center. However the write-ups on Tripadvisor and on the other similar sites led me to expect something outstanding which I did not get. Staff were polite (to me - on arrival the desk clerk was being extremely off hand to another guest) but rarely smiled and appeared to be 'going through the motions'. No-one asked how the stay was going or greeted me showed any particular interest although I spent four days in the hotel and they must have recognised me. The hotel itself has no sitting area apart from a few chairs in the windy lobby. Rooms are noisy as the hotel is surrounded with traffic on three sides. The bathroom was shabby and there was no separate shower or even a hand shower (this in a suite!), the plugs in the bath and basin did not work. I have stayed in many many better hotels and within a block you can find a better hotel for the same price.

Room Tip: All rooms except possibly to the north are noisy. Only worth staying if you get a park view. Even t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo