“Great long weekend”

Ranked #105 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great long weekend”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Trump for two nights over the Columbus day weekend and we would stay there again.

Room - I think the rate, although expensive is really a great value for what you get. For the same price a room at another similar hotel would be half the size. We stayed in the executive one bedroom suite with the city view. We loved the city view and the room was beautiful. The room was big enough for my husband and I and our 4 year old.

Service - This was our only problem with the hotel. Check in and check out were great, but simple tasks seemed to take too long. Our first night we called and asked for a set of sheets for the pull out. It took them about 40 mins to bring sheets up. The next night we asked for the room service tray to be picked up and it took them over an hour. All other service was great and the staff is very friendly.

Location - I grew up in New York so I picked this location on purpose since it gives you easy access to kids activities in the upper west side and the Central Park area.

Room Tip: Executive one bedroom suite was a good size for 2 adults and 1 kid.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NYCtoAustin
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. I am confident that your next stay will prove to be an outstanding experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Park City, Utah
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel many times and it continues to be one of the best in NYC. The Park view rooms are also by far the best views in all of NYC. The hotel feels more like an apartment building than a hotel and has a level of intimacy that is hard to beat. I am not a fan of Trump but I will give it to him that he has created a great hotel in NYC. The refresh has been nice and the service is excellent. Overall this is one of the best hotels you can choose in NYC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank VoxVolpe
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 1, 2012

New York has a lot of hotels, so it is hard to get recognition. And suffice it to say, most Trump guests aren't TripAdvisor readers, so it won't likely happen that Trump CPW gets the recognition it deserves. But I am quite confident the hotels in the Top 10 can't easily match the location and service of Trump CPW. It is as close to perfect as a hotel can get because of the teamwork of the staff and the great facilities. Only exception is the personnel at the restaurant. Not sure why they are not with the program (of sincerity and warmth found EVERYWHERE else). Of course, the location at Columbus Circle next to the Park and Lincoln Center is simply sublime. I'm just a real fan. It is my second stay here and I would look forward to returning. I recommend it highly to any visitor to NYC that is looking in this price range. I suspect that you are actually getting more for less here at the end of the day versus Mandarin or Four Seasons. This is like coming home. To a REALLY nice home..

Room Tip: Rooms in any direction work. The kitchenettes are lovely and baths are sumptuous.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank sfdann
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our Hotel team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were there for 6 nights to celebrate my BFF's 50th birthday. It was fantastic. The staff all sang Happy Birthday to her when we arrived in the hotel, they were super friendly at every turn and the service was awesome! The room was great - view of Central Park. Nice to have the refrigerator. Only things we wondered about - although amenities were restocked daily - the mini bar was not. We went out and purchased more club soda - not a big deal but it was never restocked. Also - poor quality toilet paper for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank m10465
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for the feedback of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. On another note, we do apologize that the minibar was not restocked and we have advised our Room Service Manager so that is is aware of your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the fab Trump establishment for my 50th birthday and what a treat it was. We stayed in one of the Executive City View Apartments and it was like a home away from home.
Turn down service every night with choccies and fresh Trump Ice Ice Baby. All those little touches just made our stay perfect... Not to mention the lovely surprise of a lovely card and chocolate dipped strawberries acknowledging my birthday - very special and a very personal and thoughtful touch.
A decadent dinner at Jean-Georges was just exquisite, food and service was impeccable.
The location of the hotel is perfect. Can't wait to get back to NYC.
Thanks to the fantastic staff at Trump - you made our stay very welcoming.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have traveled and stayed at many 4and 5 star hotel/resorts with my family but have never gone on line to talk about our experiences. Until now!! This hotel was first class, from the second that we arrived my wife and our two girls (19 &21) had an amazing stay.Our executive park view room was spectacular plenty of space for us all wonderful amenities and a view of the park that was incomparable. Staff ranging from font desk to house were terrific.Conceirge staff were incredibly helpful, and valet guys very attentive to our needs. We stayed at the Trump for 4 glorious nights and have never had a better all round experience anywhere else. Hats off to the entire staff and thank-you for a memorable stay. Mike V.

Room Tip: 15th floor executive park view suite AWESOME!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank michael v
TIHT-NY, General Manager at Trump International Hotel and Tower New York, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was disappointed with the service and attitude at this hotel because my expectations were higher. There was no major problem just lots of little things. I did have an exceptional park view room. It is in a great location. My bathroom was so small and you can hardly turn around. It was not up to the service I have received at other Trump Hotels.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for the feedback of your recent visit to the Trump International Hotel and Tower New York-Central Park! As you prefer larger bathrooms, please advise us prior to arrival and we will try our best to accommodate your request. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.