“Never again”

Travel Inn Hotel New York
Ranked #340 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Started off with them giving away our room that we had booked 6 months ago because "they had a large group". The front desk clerk asked if it was 2 ladies staying in the room (it was) and then decided that it would be fine for us to have to share a sing king sized room. I wondered if we were 2 men, would he had done the same? He insisted the king single was very nice. It wasn't. The room was tiny, the bathroom even smaller, and it was at least 85 degrees in the room with no window to open. The next night we got moved into a room that had 2 double beds like we booked. It was just ok and at least there was a window to open. The beds were a little creaky, the decor a little 70's, bathroom also very small. Smells like an old building. The heat and air is controlled by the staff so they decide if you sweat or freeze...there is no in between. The hot water was scalding hot and the shower knob would get so hot, the metal would burn you when you tried to turn it off unless you run out of hot water 5 minutes after taking a shower which happened multiple times. No coffeemaker....I repeat NO COFFEE MAKER! Front desk was always rude. Didn't inform us that we were being charged for internet until our 4th and final night. Only positive was that the maids were good and friendly in the halls. The price was hard to pass up....but you should pass it up.

Room Tip: All the rooms are noisy, you can hear through the walls. No control over the temp in the room, make...

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a double room for 3 nights (weekend) and were so pleased with this hotel. The room was clean and large enough. We requested the quietest non-smoking double possible and they were very nice about it and gave us a great room. We were 3rd floor looking at the pool (although the pool wasn't opened for the season yet) and there was absolutely no traffic noise. Of course, one night there was noise from other guest members but that wasn't the hotel's fault. The cafe next to the hotel served great breakfasts and was a terrific start to our day. Would stay there again for sure. Only a 2 block walk to the subway, and another couple to Times Square.

2  Thank Kristine B
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel is in a great location, the rooms are fine and the parking is free. Not bad for NYC. It's unusual to not have a coffee maker in the room but I lived! The mattress was firmer than I like. It's around the corner from Yotel where I have stayed before so if you want to spend a little more for some pizzazz that would be my pick!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for the main building
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Close to Times Square, clean but not fancy. They have free on site parking. Close to subway system for easy getting around, There is a pool for summer use and a work out area. again nothing fancy but if you are out and about most of the day like we are this perfect. Staff is great.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandy K
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has always been my favorite in New York for business and pleasure for many reasons. This stay my room was in the North building which I found undesirable for several reasons. First being that it was warm outside so I didn't need heat in the room. (Normally, I am always cold). But even after shutting off the heat, I needed to open the window, which began the problem of noise. the subway train runs outside my window. is extremely noisy, the street so busy and loud, you hear trash trucks and sirens,
which makes it extremely noisy. maybe this would not bother me as much if the window was closed. I never experienced a room when the north side, so I never had this problem.
Now what I love about this hotel, parking is free, the rooms are clean and neat, the bathrooms are very nice, basically the only drawer space is 2 night stands, and 2 tiny drawers one in the TV stand and the other in the desk with mirror. You do have a small closet, chair, and small table and floor lamp next to the chair. The closet has a full size mirrored doors.
The bathrooms are nice, even though they are a small, they are visually attractive.
The hotel location is perfect you can walk to the theater district, and Times Square and walk to the Jacob Javitz Center. The room has a 32 inch flat screen TV.
I would not stay on the North side again, I would request the room on the South side.
There is no coffee maker or refrigerator in the room, there is a small coffee shop located right next door to the hotel, which I believe closes early. The staff is very accommodating.
The hotel has internet access in the lobby for a fee.
I will submit more photos by Sunday March 30th

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sheila_Friedman
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel has a great location, especially if you are driving into the city. If you take the Lincoln Tunnel it is just two blocks off the tunnel so you do not have to do much city driving. It has free parking which is an amazing plus! From the hotel you can jump on the subway to get anywhere you want. It is close to the Hudson River where the intrepid is docked and where many cruise ship depart. The Circle Line also departs from the harbor just blocks from the hotel.

Room Tip: There are rooms by the outdoor pool if you have children.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 982cyndyr
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stay in the city 2-3 times a year and drive each time. We take our 2 young children every time. The free parking basically equates to a free nights stay. The staff is fine, honestly how often do you deal with them? You check in, you check out. The hotel is always clean and so are the rooms. The hotel is located across from a police station so safety isn't a concern. There is a cafe basically attached to the garage which is super convenient with young ones. The location is great. Your far enough away from the bustle but close enough to get there quickly. You are 3 blocks from Times Square and the theaters. This hotel for the money is perfect for us. We don't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014