“Very easy to get to, and free parking.”

Travel Inn Hotel New York
Ranked #333 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel every time we come to New York City. It's 3 blocks off Broadway on 42nd. St. where there is a subway station. Walking distance to all the theatres, and central park. There is a police station across the street, so it is very safe (although we have never had any problems anywhere in New York city). The staff was a lot friendlier than the last time we visited, and we are grateful for that. The price is right, the location is good, free on site parking is sweet, and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. They have a pool, but it's outside, so we didn't use it being as it was Halloween - it looks nice though. Overall, very nice stay & we hightly recommend it. Be sure to see "A Night With Janis Joplin" while you are in town - it's incredible!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, overlooking the pool - it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
MILO928, Public Relations Manager at Travel Inn Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to your next stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Travel Inn Hotel New York

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was my second time visiting this hotel, this time on business. As always, the free, secure NYC parking is a HUGE benefit added to only by convenience to the Lincoln Tunnel. It makes getting into/out of this hotel so easy. Also, the subway lines are very close so you can get where you need to go. I actually work in the Bronx but chose to stay here and take the Metro. I was glad I did.
The room was clean and well maintained. It had a big fridge and a microwave, something that I have used on previous trips but not something I needed for this one. My only complaints were: No in-room coffee/tea and the faucet in the bathroom had a maintenance issue and was tricky to turn off (I stayed in room 603).

Room Tip: I highly suggest asking for upper floors when you stay at this hotel. I always do and it always make...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is a well placed hotel within easy walking of the main attractions. It is however relatively basic and is certainly getting ready for refurbishment . The rooms are generous in size although the bathroom,whilst adequate, disappoints. I wouldn't bring a girlfriend but is fine with a group of blokes!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank wints3

Thank you for your comments and we are in the midst of renovating our entire property and hope to see you stay with your girlfriend next time!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We love staying at Travel Inn whenever we go to NYC. It is easy to get to from the Lincoln Tunnel. The free parking is a real value and very convenient. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We asked for an extra pillow and it arrived promptly.. There are great restaurants very close to the hotel. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We have only stayed on the third floor, several different visits, all rooms between 385 and 392 were...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I would stay here again. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend, and if another business associate was traveling with me, I would not stay here. But, when I am on my own for business and I am footing the bill, I would stay here. This is New York's equivalent of a Knights Inn, though not as updated.

Seriously, I think it looks a lot worse than it is. The furniture is beat up. The bed creaked - not a squeak creak, more of a groan creak. There was no thermostat in the room. Seemed like maybe an old boiler system - you could turn the fan up but it was just degrees of what the system was putting out. The bedding was ugly when it was new in the late 70s.

But, it was clean. I did pull back the covers to make sure it was clean and I wouldn't find any surprises (because, honestly, I felt like I had to) and it was and there weren't. And, although it creaked, the bed wasn't uncomfortable. And, while initially I felt like I had to keep my socks on, I did take them off during the night.

I did arrive at about 10:30 at night. The city is hopping at that hour still. But, walking down 42nd, after you cross 8th Avenue, you go from shoulder to shoulder to nothing. So, that last two long blocks, late at night, seemed a little sketchy. I had no issues, but you'd probably feel better if you walked it earlier rather than later.

I gave it an average rating. It could be excellent based upon value (it was about 40% of the cost of a Fairfield) or it could be poor if you are comparing it to other hotels. So, I think average is fair.

Don't take family. Don't take friends. Don't go for a romantic night (that's really scary). But for a cheap, clean (though it may not look it) room in New York, you can give it a try.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Falcarragh13
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our second trip to NYC and also at the Travel Inn . What more can you ask for but a great spot to start in New York City. Everything you need is there. Time Square 3 blocks away your there .The Subway the Port Authority Terminal is there and all the food vendors your picking on what you want to eat or subway you wish to take. Bus stop right in front of the Travel Inn what more can you ask for. They even recommend The Theater Diner the food is great . So if your going to see New York City for a week I recommend The Travel Inn Hotel . Just think you don;t need to hassle for Parking for you get it at the Travel Inn. So what are you waiting for. And have a great time . Breakfast time is right next to the Hotel so you don't have much to walk. or around the corner it's up to you in what you want to eat. Have a safe one everyone and enjoy The Travel Inn Hotel . We did Twice. And there will be a 3rd. time .

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny . Try the 3 rd and 4 th floor rooms if you are a party of 3 people...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Charles F
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently traveled to NYC and stayed at the travel inn. I wasn't expecting much except for free parking. I read some reviews prior to my visit and a lot of them said that no one at the hotel smiled. I made it my duty to make someone smile when I got there. It happened. I was greeted by Ejaz who was on the phone with an angered guest. The guest was less than polite to him and I felt really bad. I work in the service industry myself and knew what he was dealing with. In the end Ejaz gave me complimentary WiFi which was awesome! I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to choose a room facing the pool much more private!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends