“Great location”

Travel Inn Hotel New York
Ranked #333 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Well placed hotel within walking distance from Times Square and Penn Station. Easy to get around, safe neighbourhood. We did not feel threatened when walking alone at night, there is a police station opposite. Good value for money for NYC, would have liked tea/coffee maker though. Lovely and clean in a quiet area- sounding car horns in that area attracts a fine....fantastic for us. Free wi-fi, need to get a new code each day. Great coffee shop next door. Secure parking available.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lindamic169
MILO928, Public Relations Manager at Travel Inn Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Travel Inn Hotel New York

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Now, nothing can beat a 42nd St location in NYC for most things NYC has on platter are here in this part of the city so thats a sure shot plus.
Besides, when it comes to the hotel, to begin with, the lobbby is a sham, well may be in the priciest real estate on earth, it makes all the more sense to have more rooms than a lobby but then they can at least get some minimalistic decor. Rooms on the other hand are not that bad, size is of course small but compared to other similarly priced hotels I have seen in the area, they were actually decently sized. From the glass windows on my way from the elevator to the room, I could also see the pool which I didnt use but looked fairly nice enough.
Staff can get a little lax at times which should be taken care of in NYC.
Overall, a perfect location and if you can grab a good deal here, its totally worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank thewanderer-nammo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My self and my son stayed at the Travel Inn in New york for 5 nights from April 5th , and had a very enjoyable time. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, the room was ready on our arrival, it was a good sized room with 2 comfortable double beds, and bathroom with shower.We found the room to be very clean, fresh towels left for us each day. We had breakfast each day in the diner next door, good food and very reasonable for someplace so near to Times Square.
They organised a car to take us to the airport at the end of our stay, it cost $70 which we found to be very good as this included tips and toll charges.
We will use this hotel when we next visit this great city.

Room Tip: We had room 625 which was away from the front of the building, so noise from the street didn't b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank drogman
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Clean, fantastic location and great price. It was a no frills hotel with small bathroom, but when you're in NYC you're in room to sleep.Only issue we had was the AC fan was very loud and the noise from outside was louder. Also desk clerks were not very helpful, but parking attendant, and hotel cleaning people were fantastic. Would stay again. Plus it has the only free parking in a Manhatten hotel..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was not overly hopeful when I made a hotels.com reservation for the Travel Inn. I chose it because of the free parking and I had planned to drive to the New York International Auto Show.

I was immediately gratified when, as I turned on to 42nd street, I spotted the sign. Though not huge, the sign for the hotel was easy to spot from the car. I pulled in to the garage area and was immediately greeted by a security guard who smiled, asked me if I was checking in, and welcomed me. As it was only 11:00 AM, I was not expecting the room to be available. To my surprise, a room facing the pool was available and I was handed the key and a parking permit.

The parking garage is tight, but it is free! The elevator lobby on the second floor (parking floor) is nice and very clean. The room was extremely clean and much bigger than I anticipated. For NYC, the rooms are HUGE! There was a refrigerator and even a microwave.

The lobby was also clean and well appointed. I was really impressed with a great deal! This is my new go-to hotel in Manhattan!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CorvairGuy
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

It is located like 5 minutes from Times Square, close enough to walk but far away from the hustle bustle of the city.

We had a rough start. Arrived at 9pm (with 4 kids) and we were given a key to someone else's room! We walked in and their luggage was all sitting in there! Oops! We called the front desk and we were immediately given a new key. :)

Our stay was quite loud overnight. There was alot of construction right outside our room. We just laughed about it the first night. After that, we were so exhausted, it didnt bother us.

Housekeeping was great. Although, they did walk in on us sleeping the morning of check out. I was laying awake and they walked in but right back out.

For the price, you really can't beat it. The free parking is a huge perk. The parking garage is attached right to the hotel and very small so my Yukon Denali was a little tight. We left with no dings or scratched though!

We would definitely stay here again. Next time, in the summer so we could use the pool! It looked amazing!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I read a lot of reviews before I chose this hotel and I have to say that this hotel was very nice for the money that I paid. For one this hotel is so easy to get to from the Lincoln Tunnel and also easy to get back to the tunnel to go home. We pulled right in to the parking garage when we arrived and it is FREE with security!! They let us come in early and we were able to keep the car there for a few hours after we checked out. We were pleased with what we saw when we entered the hotel and the staff was friendly also. Our room was quite big with two double beds, a refrigerator and microwave. The room was very clean and the bathroom was also very nice. I did take a room at the front of the building, even thou some reviews said not to, and it was not that bad. The police dept is right across the street and I heard the sirens once. The beds were not too bad-I am used to a softer bed. I did miss a coffee maker in the room but the deli next door was great. We got a wonderful breakfast and the price was great!! There were other restaurants on 9th that were great also. I would absolutely stay here again and I will tell my friends to do the same!!! It was so worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms in back would be quieter if you are a lite sleeper. two double bed rooms are good size-401 wa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends