Travel Inn Hotel New York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cachet Boutique(New York City)
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Pod Times Square(New York City)
414 Hotel(New York City)
Elk Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
Cassa Hotel Times Square(New York City)
1,837 results
All reviewstheatre row dinertimes squarenew yorkcircle linefridge and microwaveparking garagefood emporiumdouble double roomport authorityfew blocksjavits centerfront desk staffbudget hotelwould stay here againthird floorlocation is greathudson river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from Jan 15th to Jan 19th 2013.
This place definitely has great things to offer for the price. In fact the price was so low and the location/features were so good that it was a no-brainer to choose this hotel over any other hotel or even VRBO (which we love dearly).

Pros:
Parking Garage is right in the hotel, and is included for free. Don't underestimate this!!! It saves you at least $30/day and lots of annoyance. This is a great feature to have in the City.
Location is arguably the best - away from all the tourists and cars, yet 5min walk to Times Square.
Nice customer service. I have read from other reviews that they customer service was bad at this place, but they must have done a 180 - We were more then happy with the customer service. Every evening when we came back the room was clean and tidy. The front desk was super nice.
TV, microwave, fridge - all were in the room. Nice if you want to have a quick breakfast/lunch in the hotel.
Internet was just $5/day.

Cons:
The rooms have this motel feel to them - old beds and towels, but don't get me wrong, everything was clean.
Room was small.
There was no thermostat in the room. We stayed in winter, and we had to constantly turn the heater on and off to keep a reasonable temperature. It is OK during the day, but annoying at night.
Internet was $5/day, could have been free.

Room Tip: In winter get a room that is inside the building - yet away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stanislav B
Reviewed January 15, 2013

For the price this is a good hotel. I had no complaints. Clean, great location, friendly, knowledgeable staff and it's steps away from a deli/restaurant. We had hot water and plenty of it unlike earlier reviews.

Room Tip: Don't assume you have a view of the street!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank aineb44
MILO928, Public Relations Manager at Travel Inn Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments and reassuring our future guests that all is ok and working properly. We look forward to your return to us.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a hard time finding a hotel that would have room for our party of 6. 2 in one room and 4 in the other one. I went with this hotel since it had good reviews and the price was resonable compared to other ones. The rooms are quite large and have microwaves and small refridgerators

Room Tip: Inside rooms by the pool are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wlbskb
MILO928, Public Relations Manager at Travel Inn Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your review and we are so pleased that the stay was a success. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel about a month ago. We were supposed to have two double beds, and it said so on my itinerary, but upon arrival we were told they only had one room available. Okay, my parents were supposed to be coming with us but did not make it, so it was fine. To get out of the lobby and into the hotel, you have to walk through the outdoor parking garage and to a tiny beat up elevator. The room is what really made it awful for me. It smelled like an ashtray and was the size of a walk in closet. I went to talk to the guy at thr front desk, and he promised to move us to another rom the next day. He kept his word and called early in the morning, so I was very pleased with that, but even the new room was beat up. Clean, but in need of some serious renovating.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FLTravelMonkies
MILO928, Public Relations Manager at Travel Inn Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. I am pleased that our staff was able to act expeditiously and change you quickly. We are in the midst of a renovation and our elevators are first on the list as you can tell from our new lobby elevator. I do hope you give the Travel Inn a second chance and we wish you well in your travels

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Outdated noisey hotel with VERY LIMITED HOT WATER!!!! The first night we arrived at the hotel at 8pm. We entered our room and noticed it was outdated and could hear outside traffic. I was awoken at 7am with construction, opened the curtains only to see two train tracks running under our window. So I decided to take a shower....well after letting the water run for over 10 minutes it never got past luke warm. I called the front desk to ask if there was something special to do to get a hot shower and was told I needed to let the water run for awhile....well after 3 of us took a shower the hot water finally presented itself for the fourth person....I asked other customers staying at the hotel if they had hot water and they said no!
I think it would not be a good idea to stay at this hotel unless you were guaranteed a room facing inside and definately not in the cold months when aHOT shower is appreciated!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family