“New Years in New York”

Travel Inn Hotel New York
Ranked #334 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a hard time finding a hotel that would have room for our party of 6. 2 in one room and 4 in the other one. I went with this hotel since it had good reviews and the price was resonable compared to other ones. The rooms are quite large and have microwaves and small refridgerators

Room Tip: Inside rooms by the pool are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wlbskb
MILO928, Public Relations Manager at Travel Inn Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your review and we are so pleased that the stay was a success. We look forward to your next stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Travel Inn Hotel New York

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel about a month ago. We were supposed to have two double beds, and it said so on my itinerary, but upon arrival we were told they only had one room available. Okay, my parents were supposed to be coming with us but did not make it, so it was fine. To get out of the lobby and into the hotel, you have to walk through the outdoor parking garage and to a tiny beat up elevator. The room is what really made it awful for me. It smelled like an ashtray and was the size of a walk in closet. I went to talk to the guy at thr front desk, and he promised to move us to another rom the next day. He kept his word and called early in the morning, so I was very pleased with that, but even the new room was beat up. Clean, but in need of some serious renovating.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FLTravelMonkies
MILO928, Public Relations Manager at Travel Inn Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. I am pleased that our staff was able to act expeditiously and change you quickly. We are in the midst of a renovation and our elevators are first on the list as you can tell from our new lobby elevator. I do hope you give the Travel Inn a second chance and we wish you well in your travels

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Outdated noisey hotel with VERY LIMITED HOT WATER!!!! The first night we arrived at the hotel at 8pm. We entered our room and noticed it was outdated and could hear outside traffic. I was awoken at 7am with construction, opened the curtains only to see two train tracks running under our window. So I decided to take a shower....well after letting the water run for over 10 minutes it never got past luke warm. I called the front desk to ask if there was something special to do to get a hot shower and was told I needed to let the water run for awhile....well after 3 of us took a shower the hot water finally presented itself for the fourth person....I asked other customers staying at the hotel if they had hot water and they said no!
I think it would not be a good idea to stay at this hotel unless you were guaranteed a room facing inside and definately not in the cold months when aHOT shower is appreciated!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank elizabethchampaign
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Honestly, it was not bad. The hotel is close to Times Square and it is spacious. However, it needs some upgrading. It has really bad elevators and I had to walk around to the back of the building just to get to my room. Hotel staff was kind of rude and not knowledgable at all about the area. The rooms had barely any amenities. It is cheap, though, so you can't really expect five star service. Decent for it's value.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Travel Inn and we enjoyed our stay. The rates were very reasonable (around $200/night). The room was modern, HUGE by New York City standards, clean and quiet. The best part was the free parking - pretty much the ONLY free parking at a hotel anywhere in NYC. Parking was not valet, and you could take your car in and out yourself anytime if you wanted. The location was great. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingPam
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel was a very short walk from Times Square and right next to the bus station. The room was a double double, very clean and spacious but the entrance to the hotel and elevators etc was very old fashioned. I believe the upgrading was just beginning.
Female reception staff were rude and abrupt.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review and we are indeed in the midst of a small lobby renovation highlighted by our new elevators. I am sorry if our staff was curt with you in any way and I would ask you to call our Management office regarding this if you felt slighted in any way. We strive to have the best customer service towards our guests and take this very seriously.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel is only a couple blocks from Times Square, less then two block from port authority bus terminal and the subway. Incase you are driving then the hotel also has free parking. The rooms were spacious and clean. The price was also reasonable compared to other hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family