11,586 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyiconic hotelpark avenuenew yorkart decobeautiful lobbygrand central stationtimes squarenycluxuryglamourconciergerenovationfoyerdoormanmidtown
Reviewed July 31, 2010

waldorf astoria, what a posh name from past times.
be prepared that there is the waldorf astoria where they shelter cargo loads of charter tourists and there are the waldorf towers.
however it makes not much of a difference which one you choose to stay. i have seen both and it is a living nightmare.
the last time this hotel has seen a major refurbishment must have been when Super Constellation from lookheed martin where circling the sky.
the bathroom had the particular charme of former gdr hotels or heap highway motels, you do not want to use them.
of course if you want to impress friends at home stay there and nick a bathrope with a waldorf sticker on it.
However the brunch on sunday in the mainhall is worth mentioning, as is the price.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I was very impressed with the Waldorf Astoria during our stay in New York. I almost did not book the room due to the large number of bad reviews. All I can think is that these people are not happy people.

We got checked in and in our room within minutes of arriving. Everyone we came into contact with was friendly and very helpful. We were upgraded from a Mini Suite to a full suite (probably due to our week long stay) on the 26th floor corner unit with 2 bathrooms. Room service was fast and the food was outstanding.

The hotel was beautiful…..I recommend watching on the TV (42 inch Flat Screen) the history of the Waldorf. Our room furniture was of the period you would expect. I like that and would rather have that than a room that looks like a Hampton Inn. Just my taste!!

The hotel is really close to a subway station…If you come out the main entrance take a right, than a right on the corner and it is 1 block down on the left. Only regret was that I discovered this the 2nd to last day.

Rockefeller Center is just a few blocks away and is a very short walk. Same with the shopping on 5th Avenue. We also walked to Central Park from the hotel. Getting a cab was not a problem for us from the hotel. There was always one waiting. They only time this looked not to be the case was when we came back around 8:30 pm and there were about 10 couples waiting for cabs.

Enjoy your stay!!! We did!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BamaMark
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Long Neglected. The bathroom light fixture was unhinged, the bedside chair was so old the arm rests and seat had no padding left under the ancient upholstery.
I was expecting Ms. Havisham.

House keeping came in at 9:30p.m. as my son was sleeping. They had been in already that day, so what the purpose of the second visit was I am unsure.

New York is full of great hotels, this is not one of them.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelcity_10
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Stayed here with two young kids this past weekend---Paid A LOT and was told over the phone we could check in early (130 or so)---Rooms weren't available until after 3 ( past check in time)--Room reeked of body odor and cleaning solvent---Lamps---and furniture in especially bathroom fixtures were full of dust---really disgusting; service was so so and front desk not particularly helpful or friendly---- Number of people in lobby on Saturday nite with open beer bottles---Yikes---Maybe that's OK at a suburban Holiday Inn bachelor party, but the Waldorf?--Food was great but overall not worth the money....Really had the feel of a place living off its reputation....

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights and must say that this hotel is absolutely beautiful and has a great history. Walking around this hotel you can feel how grand it once was. On the plus side: friendly staff, nice spacious rooms, hotel history, great beds, child friendly, Minus: expensive (get a good deal), $20 for 24hr. internet (I think I should be free these days), small bathrooms. Other than that the hotel is pretty nice, only if you get a good deal.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family