Waldorf Astoria New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
$297
$267
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$184
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
$144
$116
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$354
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
11,568 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyiconic hotelpark avenuenew yorkart decoroom servicemain lobbybeautiful lobbyan upgradechrysler buildingone bedroom suitecorner roomgrand central stationrockefeller centertimes squareoscars
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Waldorf Astoria is an institution of NYC Hotels, it known for having hosted FDR and every U.S. President since that visits NYC. Royalty, Heads of State, Dignitaries, Celebrities, and the Wealthy call the Waldorf home when in NY. The hotels reputation has created the not so unique case of lowering it's service standards due to its constant stream of guests simply because of its reputation.

Do not get me wrong, the Waldorf is located in prime location in Midtown East and all of NYC's attractions, restaurants and nightlife can be easily accessed from this hotel by Taxi, Subway or Bus.

The true problem is that this Hotel no longer offers what is to be expected from the price it asks. The facilities are dated, and although I agree that it should keep its charm from the golden years of NYC this can be achieved while still upgrading the hotels facilities to meet what is expected by the price that is being paid.

If you are into living the past glory of NYC in a dated and expensive hotel that is conveniently located than this is perfect for you. But if you rather get more for what you pay than avoid the Waldorf and if you want modern services take a look at some of NYC's newer boutique and trendy hotels.

Room Tip: Do not expect too much for the price that you are paying.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alex G
Siobhan D, Assistant Director of Rooms at Waldorf Astoria New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you back in the future, as we are currently undergoing a strategy that will allow us to do just what you said in your comment about preserving the historical significance of our building while also improving our property so that it meets and exceeds the expectations of our guests. I would love to show you just how far we've come in the future, should your travels bring you back to New York City.

I do hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future to demonstrate our commitment to satisfaction in all areas of the guest experience. Until then, I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share, and have a wonderful evening.

Many thanks,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at the WA last week for my daughter's eighth birthday.

Check in was very easy. I had called the day before arrival and was described the type of room that we'd be in. When we got to our room, it was not as described, so I called the gentleman at reception who waited on us to discuss the discrepancy. He was very nice and helpful and said he would take the issue to his manager. She called promptly, apologized for our dissatisfaction with the room and offered a free upgrade to a one bedroom suite, which was a little dated but beautiful overall and a huge space for the three of us, with large entryway, full living room (with fireplace) and separate bedroom/bathroom.

All of the staff was extremely helpful and courteous; from the reception staff to the bellmen and valets.

Hotel is in a great location. Walking distance to lots of wonderful dining. Close to Rockefeller Center, Central Park and my daughter's favorite, The American Girl Store...

Really great stay and a very memorable birthday for my girl!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Melissa,

It is so wonderful to read your glowing review! We are especially delighted that we were successful in providing a memorable experience for you and your daughter on such a special occasion- her 8th birthday. We are very fortunate to have a team that genuinely cares about our guests and is committed to service at every step of the way- from check-in to check-out- and so I would like to thank you for recognizing us for doing so in your case.

We would consider it an honor if you would consider staying with us again in the future; you can expect the same type of luxury treatment, as that is our commitment to each and every guest!

Many thanks,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was a guest here while attending a conference for work. The public areas of this hotel are gorgeous and oppulent; however, my room left MUCH to be desired. The wallpaper in my bedroom was peeling. There was a fixture missing from the bathroom door so there was a 2 inch hole in my bathroom door; coupled with the the handle on the door itself being broken. The light fixture in the bathroom was also crooked. Additionally, I had to keep the bathroom door closed because the bathroom constantly smelled of old, mildewy pipes and the scent filtered throughout the room if the door was open. I suspect the management was aware of the problems in my room as the check-in attendant stated he needed to get manager approval to put me in the room--although he never said why. SInce I wasn't in my room a lot, I reported my issues to the front desk upon check-out. I was disappointed in their response. The desk clerk apologized once and then admonished me for not saying something when I first got in the room (which was around 10 p.m. at check-in) and they could have fixed it. I'm not sure how they could re-wall paper my room during my stay and, since I was told they had absolutely no vacancies, there was no way they could have gotten me another room. So, I'm not sure what his solution would have accomplished.

Overall, I was very disappointed in my stay, as I've stayed in lesser-rated hotels with better quality rooms and furnishings and better service. I understand that this hotel is famed, but I would never stay here again. Hopefully, the outside reconstruction that is going on will include an upgrade to the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheila B
Siobhan D, Assistant Director of Rooms at Waldorf Astoria New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Sheila,

Thank you for being a loyal guest and sharing your comments with us via TripAdvisor. I am so sorry to hear that we were not able to impress you with our service and room accommodations! Be sure that your comments have been addressed by our team and that we are currently working on a strategy to improve our property and service within the near future. This is part of our commitment to you, and we are very excited to share our progress with valued guests such as yourself.

We hope that you will be a part of our growth and continue to support the Waldorf Astoria as we progress to confront issues like those you mentioned. It is unfortunate that we were unable to impress you while you were here, and I want to let you know that the experience you had upon check-out is anything but standard here.

Our standard of service means that our guests should never have to speak up about an inconvenience. It is our goal to provide True Waldorf Service that not only meets your needs, but anticipates them so that any potential inconvenience is avoided. We will be in touch with you shortly to further address your experience to see how we can use your feedback in a more constructive way internally.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Waldorf with my mum to celebrate my birthday. The hotel is just fabulous in every-way, we had a suite which had two bedrooms, two bathrooms and was pure luxury! The food was amazing, my only criticism would be the breakfast, they don't tell you that it's a charge for each section, so our first breakfast cost us $120 when we only had an omelette some cereal and pancakes! But all in all an amazing stay in a fabulous hotel, would go back again and again and highly recommend.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank SouthamptonAmanda_B

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your kind words about your recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria! It is a high honor to read your comment about your suite that described it as "pure luxury."

This is the standard we set for ourselves- not only meeting the expectations of our guests, but exceeding them. I am so proud that our team was successful in doing this in your case.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future, and thank you again for your review!

Yours in service,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Based on my experience with The Waldorf Astoria in NYC, I would return when visting downtown NYC. The care & service of personnel was excellent, and efforts were made to assist me when I encountered a payment problem at the counter when checking in. The speed of the front desk in assisting me with changes once I had contacted my credit card provider was outstanding, and there was nothing done t make me feel awkward or embarrassed about what occurred. Very good experience with the bar, who also helped an associate find some confidential material that was momentarily lost in that area the night we met. I would definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Pam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments as to what one can expect when staying at the Waldorf Astoria are delightful to read, and we are honored that we made enough of an impression to warrant your recognition.

Our team is quite lucky to have the distinct pleasure of serving valued guests such as yourself, and we graciously hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to New York City in the near future.

Yours in service,