“AMAZING!!”

Ranked #266 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Loved Waldorf! Beautiful, hotel, beautiful city! would love to stay at this hotel again one day, very luxurious and posh lol.. the buffet breakfast was also amazing and the chefs cooked on order with cetain things like the crepes etc. LOVED IT!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jen_damian
Megan_Hennessey, Public Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria New York, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Good Afternoon Jen,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We're glad you were able to experience the famous Waldorf Astoria brunch buffet while you were here! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Yours in Service,
megan.hennessey@waldorfastoria.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,974)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

My first stay at the Waldorf in New York (and I've stayed at perhaps 25 - 30 hotels in the city)...There are plenty of better hotels for this price range. I'm a Hilton Diamond member and didn't really get many of the benefits as well, apart from free internet. No upgrade at check in, or even mention of it, no late check out as they were full ($50 an hour!). I don't understand why hotels of this caliber don't have a kettle in the room. No bathroom slippers either (the marble bathroom was very cold). No one was at the entrance to help with luggage...The lobby was VERY busy always but maybe some people want that.

Won't be coming back here again...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so upset to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We strive to show every single guest an unforgettable experience, and we are sincerely sorry that we could not provide that to you. Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Hilton brand. We value our Hilton Honors members and would love the opportunity to discuss this further. If you have a moment, please email me with your name and confirmation number. We are continuously trying to better our guest experience, so this information has been so helpful.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our stay at the Waldorf was a nightmare. We arrived early and left our belongings, including an address book containing years' worth of personal contact information, with the bellman. Upon returning to check-in we found that they had lost the bag with the address book. While the security team initially made some effort to locate it, it soon became clear that they had no intention of following up and the hotel has repeatedly failed to return my phone calls.
We are shocked at the lack of security at this hotel and thorougly disgusted by its indifferent response to the gross negligence of its personnel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Roberta K
Megan_Hennessey, Public Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria New York, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Good Afternoon,

We are so sorry to hear that your address book went missing, and that you are unhappy with the way our staff handled it. We would like to ensure that we follow up with you on this matter. Please, if you have a moment, email me with your name and confirmation number from your stay so that we can determine where to go from here.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Totally brilliant Hotel - cant wait to go again. Loved the Irish Bars around Manhattan and the shopping is out of this world.Just loved walking down the Avenues and watching life go by.Back to the Hotel, the Reception was very very quick at getting our room no more than 5 minute book in and the Lady was very professional and sweet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mark f
Good Afternoon Mark,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the Waldorf Astoria and in New York City!

Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I checked into the hotel and was given a room on the 14th floor. When I walked into room 1470, I noticed a faint damp/mildew smell which I quickly became accustomed to. I went into bathroom to pee and when I flushed the toilet the water started pouring out of the toilet all over the bathroom floor, my shoes, and onto the carpet in the room. I immediately called the front desk and finally got someone after 10 minutes. The front desk put me in touch with a hotel manager who apologized and offered me a different room. He sent someone to my room to get me and my bags. The problem was that aftger 45 minutes from check-in I still hadn't received my luggage. We walked down together and tried to find my bag which evidently was still with the bell hop. The only thing that I can say was slower than the service was the elevators. Be prepared to wait 10 minutes. In fact, people jokingly said if the door opens get on even if arrow direction is opposite just to get on the elevator. Eventually it would go back up/down.

The new 1 bedroom with separate living room was very nice. It was located in the Waldor Towers and you can immediately see the difference upon getting off the elevators. Bright, clean hallways. The room was very very nice. The elevator in the Towers was equally as slow, but the room was fantastic.

I give it 3 stars as average of 1 star for original room and 5 stars for new room even though service slow and elevators sucked.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ThePhillyCritic
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Gracious lobby, Great front desk staff, beautiful , nastalgic hotel.

This is a must stay hotel for those interested in class,style, upscale, and meeting upper echelon people from all walks of life from all around the world!

The rooms are larger than most NY hotels and the location is very convenient to shopping, restaurants, uptown and downtown.

A must stay!!!!

Room Tip: Park Ave side, better views. Try to upgrade to a suite! Completely worth it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Granddiva50
Megan_Hennessey, Public Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria New York, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our front desk to be helpful. We hope to see you again next time you are in New York City!

Fairfield, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We live in CT so NYC is about one hour drive from us. Around Christmas time we booked tickets to see Nutcracker ballet at Lincoln center and the weathermen happily forecasted 2+ feet of snow on the day of the show due to global colding which was caused by global warming. So, my wife was scared of driving back home in the snow and we decided to spent the night in the city. I had a bunch of AmEx card points and we decided to spent them on a hotel room at Waldorf. We didn't pick the cheapest room but not Waldorf Towers either. I requested a room with a view - my better half wanted to spent a night drinking shampagne with a NYC skyline view. So we arrived to the entrance of Waldorf in our car to find out that vallet service is in the back of the building and we have to drive around. OK. There is construction currently going at the hotel so the back entrance was kind of obstructed but we found our way. The car was wisked away and we were left with our bags on the side of the road and bellboy nowhere in sight. So we just picked them up and walked into the hotel to find the lobby. Couple of stairs and an elevator ride later we made it to the lobby. Still looks pretty good after all these years. Arts and crafts type of architecture. At check in we requested a room with a view and as high a floor as possible. The guy was nice enough trying to accomodate our request and asked if we could wait for half an our when a room on 23rd floor is being cleaned up. OK. He gives us a couple of coupons for free drinks in a bar at the lobby. Even better. Two martinis later and a lot happier, we went back to the front desk to see if the rooms are ready. Some other lady at check in placed us on 21st floor. We were surprised that it wasn't 23rd as advertised but went there anyway. To our dismay, we found out that the room overlooks air conditioning ducts in the back of the building. Still under influence of martini, I pick up the phone and call customer service to complain. The girl on the other end asked me if I'd be willing to upgrade the room, and even offered to communicate in my native language (not english). To make my wife happy I'm telling her that I'll upgrade. While she's checking availability, I see that the top of one of the pieces of furniture is all wet - I stare at it for a minute in silence (thanks martini) and feel that I'm getting all wet - drops keep coming and splashing on the surface. Looking up - there is a major leak coming from the ceiling, judging from the location - a bathroom upstairs. I start to laugh and tell the girl, who is still looking for an upgrade with a view, that there is a major trouble in the room and we cannot stay in this room anyway (I'm a landlord so I know). We get upgraded to Waldorf Towers in less than 30 sec at no charge. The rest of the trip exceeded our expectations, Nice view (attached some photos), champagne, 29th floor, location, location, location - 5th avenue just a couple of blocks away. Don't forget that you are paying for location first and foremost, then for some history, somewhat dated glamour, and for some plumbing and electricals from the time when they were invented. Double up on martini and have fun.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your stay at the Waldorf Astoria! We are happy to hear that, despite some unfortunate mishaps, you were able to show your wife the spectacular night she desired. Thank you for choosing the Waldorf Astoria. We look forward to seeing you again!