11,593 results
All reviews peacock alley iconic hotel bull bear park avenue new york art deco room service beautiful lobby an upgrade grand central station times square nyc luxury glamour concierge renovation doorman
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We spent a long weekend shopping, visiting numerous sights & attending a concert and eating at certain noted restaurants and staying at the Waldorf with all its history, beauty & great location made for an outstanding visit. (Although I believe I read during our stay that the property, way back, was actually moved? :))
The property was undergoing some exterior renovations during our stay but was never an issue.
Our king size room was large and classically elegant with excellent beds & pillows & excellent toiletries.
Our only complaint with this and many other locations is not including wifi with your reservation. To require an additional fee for internet access in these days when any Starbucks or McDonalds is available to their patrons should be included in the price. In defense of the Waldorf they are not alone but we feel should not nickle and dime their guests and include as amenity.
This is an iconic and historic hotel and we would recommend and definitely stay again.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Megan_Hennessey, Public Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Good Afternoon Kimberly,

We appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Waldorf Astoria. We absolutely understand your concern about complimentary WiFi. Our Guest Services team has been made aware of the issue and is working to provide any amenities possible to our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

All the best,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

is the reason I booked this hotel....basically to say I stayed there...Since I'm a Hilton Gold and it was about 79% in the Tower; they upgraded me to a non-suite in Towers. The check in was quick and easy even though I had a relatively new employee (Blonde young female from Germany), when asked about my breakfast included in the Government rate she was right on it and they were under my door within an hour. The did include 2 comp drinks which was nice. The SPA was beyond my budget. The Room, while it had an entry hall, was not as big as I was imagining. I could see that it could connect with the adjoining room (which I think was a continental breakfast room but I never checked it out). My room had a decorative feel but nothing that wow'd me (I guess may my expectations were high being the Waldorf) but the bathroom was spacious (by NYC standards). It also had a view of the Chrysler Bldg and Park which was great. My only 1 semi-minor/major complaint was my room (30R2) had the distant smell of a smoker's room; no street noise though. I realize that smoking was in vogue from the 30s to the 70s and it didn't bother me too much (other than making me me reminisent of my college days in the late 80s in the dorms) but could be a real turn off if you're anti-smoke. For the rate, including breakfast, it was a decent deal for a first time stay. It the smoke smell came with a full or even Junior suite in the Towers, I would have been 100% happy. Given I stayed there, I'm not sure if I would stay there again unless i got it on Priceline for $130. I will say the service staff was fantastic from Conceirge to Oscars and Peacock room. I've stayed at a lot of Hilton properties and compared to my treatment with a king suite in Wilmington (see my last review)...this was "more name and less game". Overall the Towers was 4.5*...which is good just not 5 as I was imagining.

Room tip: If smoke bothers you, ask first....
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Good Afternoon JIm,

Thank you for taking the time to write about each aspect of your stay. It is always wonderful to hear how our guests are enjoying their time with us! Thank you for being a loyal Hilton traveler! Thank you for noting the scent of smoke near your room. We strive to provide a comfortable experience for all travelers, and will look into this concern!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Waldorf for 2 nights as part of a large group. The buzz of being in New York was multiplied many times by the old world style & charm of The Waldorf. Our room was beautiful, if a little jaded, but that added to the charm for me as I generally have an aversion to the shiny & new . The bed was one of the most comfortable that i have ever slept in & the housekeeping was of a high standard & not at all intrusive in our experience. The public areas of the hotel were breathtaking & our evening meal was memorable for a) being delicious and b) for discovering that a biscuit in New York is a scone in England. Who knew? Overall, as I don't anticipate going back to NYC, I'm glad we stayed in such a legendary hotel. Whenever I get asked where we stayed on our trip & I mention The Waldorf, the reaction is always the same 'Ooooooh, The Waldorf, eh? Very nice!'

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Traveled on business

Good Afternoon Emma,

We are honored to have been a part of your (possibly only) trip to New York City. We hope that it was an unforgettable experience for you. Although you don't plan to return to the city, we hope that if you do you choose the Waldorf Astoria!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Waldorf-Astoria is a very luxurious hotel. All of the staff were very hospitable and attended to our needs. The food within the hotel was very expensive so we went to different restaurants every night around Manhattan, which was a better experience in my opinion. The only issue we had with the hotel was not really their fault, but that of expedia. The hotel gave us a room with only one double bed and there were three of us. Upon phoning down to reception the staff looked for a suitable room for us but none were available so we were given a roll in bed. The bed itself was just as comfortable as the room's bed but obviously its not what you expect to sleep on in such a hotel. As stated this was not the hotel's fault but the travel agency's.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Tom C

Good Afternoon Tom,

Thank you for staying with us at the Waldorf Astoria! It is wonderful you were able to experience several of our local restaurants. We are so sorry to hear about your negative guest room experience. We are reaching out to our travel agencies to determine what we can do to avoid such an error in the future, as every guest deserves a perfect, unforgettable experience at the Waldorf Astoria.

Thank you!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Spent the entire first week of March at the Waldorf. A very elegant, historic and professionally run hotel. Booked this hotel through Hotwire which limits the selection of rooms (you will likely end up with smaller rooms and ones that have not gone through renovations). However, the rooms are very clean and the maid service is excellent.

The beautiful lobby attracts many and a great place to wind down at the end of the day.

Overall, was very satisfied given the discounted rate that I obtained. Definitely worth experiencing this hotel at least once if you are a regular visitor to this great city.

Date of stay: March 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank marmaz

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience at the Waldorf Astoria! We're glad to hear you were able to obtain a great rate through Hotwire. The lobby is absolutely a wonderful place to meet and relax. We're so happy to hear you were able to enjoy the lobby while you were in town! We do hope to see you again next time you're in New York City.

All the best,