Waldorf Astoria New York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
W New York(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel 48LEX New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
New York Marriott East Side(New York City)
  • Room Service
The Benjamin(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Oakwood Cosmopolitan(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
San Carlos Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)
11,560 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyiconic hotelpark avenuenew yorkart decoroom servicemain lobbybeautiful lobbyan upgradechrysler buildingone bedroom suitecorner roomgrand central stationrockefeller centertimes squareoscars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I booked a room for a 5 night stay at the Waldorf. After meeting my friend at the lobby bar - check out Cole Porter's piano - we went to our first room - lovely fabrics and drapes, comfortable beds, hardly any room for anything, a strong, musty smell, inside views of hotel walls, and a broken leaking sink. Not what I was expecting. My friend has H Honors Diamond status so that entitled us to an upgrade which was provided the next day. Second room was a large one-room suite, but only 1 bed and a foldout couch - oops! We met with Mary Macias in Diamond Reception who arranged for transfer the following day to our magnificent one bedroom suite with our own living room, fireplace and a view of Park Avenue. Now THAT's the Waldorf Astoria. She also arranged for Room Service to provide us with a coffee maker so we could brew our own while getting ready in the mornings. When we picked up our new room keys, Sedrick from Belgium escorted us to our suite and followed up with a phone call to make sure everything was all right. It certainly was!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I waned to take my girlfriend here because she's always dreamed about it. Dreams meet reality. We are well traveled and I've stayed here before, about ten years ago. This place seriously needs to be remodeled. The lobby is classic and ornate, but our suite which we paid dearly for was seriously rundown. Everything is just old old old. For example the fabric in the arm chair was worn out. Really? I realize this is a world renowned landmark, so then they should not hold this place out as 4 1/2 star accommodations because it really isn't. It's a rundown hotel that seriously needs to be revamped. We are here for a few more days and now I will try to change our suite over to the tower area which I have read is less rundown. Then there's the simple things, like the need for a quick area with coffee and snacks and maybe even gifts. They have tons of old retail space here selling Chinese antique pieces, and jewelry, but today's modern traveler wants home away from home with a coffee and snack shop. So my recommendation is to never stay here, but instead walk in and enjoy the ornate lobby and take a few pictures with your traveling companion or friends in the lobby and then move on and stay in a real hotel… It hurts me to say this because I stayed here before and attended grand banquets and had such a good time as a younger man, but this place ain't happening anymore!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phillycrream
Reviewed November 22, 2012

On arrival the reception very beautiful and no less than I would have expected. Lifts and hallways to rooms quite nice. Bedroom a real disappointment (we stayed in room 1617). The carpet had an extremely large fray in it - about 12" to 16" long and was the first thing you noticed on entering the room, there was paint all along the carpet around the skirtings edge, the wall paper was peeling off above my bed, the cupboard door on the drawer cabinet was hanging on for dear life - I was worried that it would fall off every time I opened it to get to the drawers inside, the shower had a long delay before water would come out. Also it appeared to me that the room was cleaned quickly before our arrival as some of the standard bathroom toiletries were missing and an extremely old well used grotty toothbrush was on the floor in the room in plain sight. But on the plus side the bed was comfy with crisp bedding and lots of lovely pillows. The furnishings were nice looking - but needed a bit of upkeep. With new carpet, some general maintenance the room would good.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank 186220Mary
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We can now say that we stayed at the "Waldorf". This is a very beautiful hotel with a pretigious history. Marble everywhere, exceptionally helpful and courteous staff (except one bartender who spent too much time hitting on young women instead of tending to regular customers), and a perfect mid town Manhatten location on Park Avenue. Our room was a little small, but comfortable. Yes, it is very expensive! This is something we will probably do only once in our lifetime, but we have no regrets.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms are quite small.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, a little expensive but really great location. Mini bar is super expensive, brunch is fantastic and the spa is beautiful. Love the bar area with the piano. Go and eat at Benjamin steak house

• Stayed: November 2012