Waldorf Astoria New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
  • Room Service
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$128
$369
$316
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$137
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$225
$123
Park Central
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
11,560 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyiconic hotelpark avenuenew yorkart decoroom servicemain lobbybeautiful lobbyan upgradechrysler buildingone bedroom suitecorner roomgrand central stationrockefeller centertimes squareoscars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have tried so many of the different hotels of Manhattan that at one time I gave up on them and started to rent a flat for a few days whenever I was in NY. After all it is a place to sleep. The City has so much to do that I cannot imagine staying in my room. But I also do not want to be sleeping in a tiny, old, tired, noisy room either. So when they had a special because of the renovations going on, I jumped on the opportunity and booked it for my 3 night stay. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. With the exception of not being able to use the Park Ave. entrance, the ongoing renovations were not intrusive to me. Knowing of the construction, I had brought ear plugs with me so I was not at all bothered by any noise. I had a nice big room, with all the bells and whistles one can expect from a short trip... the service was good, especially the way they pay attention to you upon arrival when you get in line to check in... my one complaint was the business center, run by Fedex where the computers seem to be from Noah;s Ark, and I was not able to download an attachment after 16 minutes and they had to reimburse me. Only 3 computers? Seriously???? I guess most people who stay there bring their IPads along! But when you are flying these days and do not want to carry much of anything with you, it is great to be able to find a good center to check emails etc...

Room Tip: My room was overlooked 49th so it was less noisy than being on Park Ave.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I chose the Waldorf Astoria because of the history that surrounds it. The amount of esteem that it "commands" and the fact that it is supposed to be a high class, amazing hotel that is world renowned. I was wrong... For almost $500 a night, the closet door was broke, the tub would not drain (so you are standing in a pool of water as you shower), and a couple electrical outlets would not work. I complained to management but nothing had been done about it by the time that I left. I had wanted to stay at this hotel for years, but was seriously let down. The next trip to NY, we stayed at the Crown Plaza in Times Square and was very pleased. It was close to everything that we wanted to do and the bar served good drinks with pleasant service. We have also stayed at the Doubletree on Lexington which was a great experience as well.

In summary... avoid the Waldorf Astoria (unless they get their act together). The Doubletree and Crown Plaza were better, and cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank HoustonMedic
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Let's face it: the Waldorf-Astoria is one of the most famous hotels in the world...and once of the priciest. I normally could not afford a hotel like this, but I stayed here in the off-season in late January, and got a great rate.

Staying here is an experience: you see the richest folk not only from America, but from around the world. I walked in with my t-shirt and torn jeans just to annoy them, lol.

Whatever you need, whatever you want....you can get here through its 5-star service. It's beautiful and historic. I like the small touches: you find first edition book from the 19th century in the rooms.

However, it's boring if you're young (like me), and don't expect to meet anyone of our age group here.

Otherwise, stay here if you can afford it, and experience true luxury. It's just like the lyrics of that song, "Puttin' on the Ritz."

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CanadianTimelord
Reviewed August 3, 2012

You can tell the hotel was once something special, but Hilton has really let it slip; especially considering what they're charging. Staff was excellent, but the rooms are ancient - I felt like I was visiting my grandparents house. Hilton desperately needs to pony up and gut the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard58237548
Reviewed August 2, 2012

...flawless. I was expecting a pleasant stay, and in a historic hotel, but after reading other reviews I was lead to believe my surroundings would be dated and the accommodations marginal at best...not true. Everybody has their own definition of perfection, and honesty this landmark, nestled in an ideal location on Park Avenue in walking distance of nearly everything, is mine. From congenial employees to amazing deserts to a spacious comfortable room it just can't get any better. I simply can not get over how friendly the staff was...I mean every-single-person (including a couple of guys laboring in the hallway). And the bed slept so well my girlfriend wanted to pack it up in our suitcase. Now mind you I was a sales manager for the Ritz Carlton for a short time, and I have experienced a few of the best hotels in the world...So this review does not come lightly. A perfect launch point for my favorite Andrew Lloyd Webber musical...and no phantoms in here. Bravo!

Room Tip: Be sweet to the desk clerk and ask for an ocean view...I got upgraded to a suite!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple