$126
$174
$149
Staybridge.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $220/night.

$193
$180
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $237/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$221
$143
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

$147
$127
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$133
$97
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$203
$116
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$113
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$289
$110
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

$251
$220
Priceline
11,581 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyiconic hotelpark avenuenew yorkart decoroom servicebeautiful lobbyan upgradechrysler buildinggrand central stationtimes squareoscarsnycluxuryglamourconcierge
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I've never stayed anywhere that has had as many problems as this. The lobby is beautiful with its gold trimming but waiter in lobby restaurant got one of our orders wrong. They tried to keep as many old features in the room, such as original (painted) wood doors but we had electrical and plumbing issues; a fuse blew out, the shower drain was clogged, the safe broke. And my six-year old's shoe lace got stuck in the escalator (scary!). Checking in took a long time too but it was three days before Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank teaspoon96
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I'm just back from 10 days at the Waldorf Astoria. I had a Queen Deluxe room on the 14th floor which was adequate for just me as a solo traveller. The room was cosy, very comfortable bed, decadent marble bathroom but the other furnishings in the room and decor were rather dated and tired. Although on the 14th floor, the noise from the street below rarely bothered me, but even that far up you can still be easily woken by police and fire vehicles sounding their horns! The lobby and reception areas of the hotel are second to none, exquisite and beautiful. They are exceptionally well maintained throughout the day too. There is a Starbucks conveniently located on the ground level on the Park Avenue entrance side of the hotel too which I regularly used. Although due to the excellent location of the hotel there are many other places within easy reach to go and eat. The room was cleaned daily and the maid staff were all very friendly. I had room service one night (the last night) just a sandwich and some cheesecake, this came to $57 which was ridiculously expensive but there had been both a 15% service charge applied plus delivery charge as well. It is difficult to fault the hotel and would happily stay there again but perhaps in a different style room.

Room Tip: The Queen Deluxe room I had was fine for a solo traveller but I think a couple would find it a bit cramped. Obviously the higher the floor of the room the less likely to hear noise from the street. I think the Astoria floors go up to about 19 and then after that it's the Waldorf Tower rooms and suites.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Have stayed here before so expected good quality accomodation and service.Stayed 5 nights before Christmas with family. Booked months in advance but told on check in that no non- smoking rooms were available. Offered comp breakfast for one night but had no choice but to sleep in a very dingy, smelly room with a dangerous bath-sharp enamel peeling off. Switched rooms but luggage was not transfered as promised so could not get ready for evening out. Housekeeping duster left on desk for 3 days. No water in room from 11pm till 6 am one night. A manager offered a future complimentary night but then denied offering this on the following day! Bellboy very offensive about a previous guest within our hearing. I will be staying elsewhere in future.

Room Tip: Take a look at your room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank pollyoppy
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I was excited to be staying at the Waldorf over the Christmas holidays, however, the stay did not meet my expectations. Let me say that the hotel lobby was beautiful, the meal at the Bull and Bear was amazing, but that's the end of my accolades. I realize that this is an old hotel and therefore keep that in mind. But, they also charge upwards of $500 per night and they need more than just the name to continue to do so. The heating unit in my room (we stayed in the Towers) sounded like a train. We were awaken in the morning at 7am by a very odd and persistent maintenance man who wanted to change a light bulb. He became upset when I told him to return later. And, just an hour later he returned to again persistently try to change this light bulb and did not like the fact that I told him to just change it that afternoon after our check out. Very bizarre. We also were treated poorly by the lobby bartenders who made it seem as if they were doing us a favor when we ordered Irish Coffees. We later had to listen to them argue with the wait-staff and then make fun of and curse at patrons at the other end of the bar.

I called the day after my return home and was told by the manager they would investigate our concerns and get back to us, many days later, sadly they have not complied. I'm disappointed that a hotel of this caliber would not at least send an apology letter.

I certainly would not recommend this hotel. It seems to me that they obtain their guests based on name alone and do not provide the service in order to keep them.

Room Tip: Skip the hotel but dine at The Bull and Bear, amazing steaks.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelingnurse07
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The Waldorf was obviously a premier hotel in its time but it is now looking quite tired and is undergoing renovations. The renovations are a major disincentive to staying here at present but hopefully will be worth it once done. The rooms are small for the price, the carpet is old and dirty and the fittings are very old (probably original) and often broken. The water was turned off for repairs from 11pm to 6am on the first night we stayed. On the positive side the lobby is breathtakingly beautifully and the Sunday morning hotel restaraunt brunch is outstandingly decandent (but you'll pay for it).

Room Tip: money talks; don't skimp if you are staying here; ask for a room with no scaffolding in front of the windows from the renovations
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple