2,029 results
All reviewsmassage chaircentral parkgreat locationnew yorktrump towerdunkin donutsthe penthousetimes squareone bedroom suitefront desk stafffifth avenuecoffee machinearound the cornerrockefeller centerrooms are smallflat screen tvfree internet
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

I read all the terrible reviews on here before going so it’s my fault I suppose for still booking, I booked due to location and thought it can’t be that bad can it? I decided to email them a week before just to make sure all was in order however got no reply. I rang them a few days before to be told they looked forward to welcoming me.

I booked this 6 months in advance yet arrived to be told they had double booked (same thing as I had read on previous reviews) we must have been stood at reception forty minutes trying to either get our money back so we could try find somewhere to spend our three nights or get our room which we paid for. The man got his manager who they said we could have the room we paid for if we paid an extra 20 dollar’s a night! After a lot of unhappiness and them not caring that they had double booked and this wasn’t our fault we got placed in a tiny double room (two females not in a relationship and only know each other through friends and wanted to visit New York) main light didn’t work, carpets needed replacing with a broken window so we could hear the wind and cars all night. Great location but not worth the money. I asked to pay the city tax when checking out but was told there wasn’t any, this was then charged to my card therefore an added international charge was also added.

Travelled as friends myself 24 and friend in her 40’s. Females.

As long as your prepared you should be ok if you have already booked however if you haven’t yet booked, I wouldn’t :)

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank KrissyO306
Jelissa R, Director of Operations at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2017

We are very sorry to hear about your experience during your stay with us. Your comments have been shared with our team to make sure a situation like this does not occur again. I hope we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in a future visit.

Reviewed December 5, 2017

We stayed here for a few nights during the TCS New York marathon as this is very close to the Central Park finish. The hotel is on a quite street - a short distance from Times Square. Many places to eat nearby. Th room and bathroom was large compared to other hotel I stayed in NYC. We were very disappointed with the poor room lighting and noise from the generators outside, there is also no mirrors or cupboards in the room. No shower caps were provided - for a four star hotel and high rate is extremely bad and it needs to be improved. There is a restaurant on site but expensive - rather eat outside at Astro's. We were on the third floor in the corner. Don't expect a view from the rooms.

Room Tip: Away from the generator noise and ask for a room with good light
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Jelissa R, Manager at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Please know that your valuable feedback will allow us to continue improving our operations. We hope to exceed your expectations in a future visit.

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

A friend recommended the Shoreham to us for our Thanksgiving holiday in NYC and so we booked after having checked their (nice) website. However, as soon as we were dropped off by our taxi coming from JFK we were immediately puzzled... the only positive thing about the hotel is the great location... all the rest is nightmarish... from the practically non-existent lobby, neon lighting, dodgy people hanging around, dirty and dingy atmosphere, rock music blasting in the old elevators, ugly and dirty rooms (we tried 2 different ones), very unpractical bathroom... not to mention the noise from the street during the night... and to top it off it was quite expensive as well for it’s price category.... terrible experience it nearly ruined our holiday. Fortunately we found another lovely (and cheaper!) hotel the next day close by.

1  Thank Geomas70
Lisette M, Front Office Supervisor at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Shoreham. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and will work hard to resolve the issue you have experienced- thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

We stayed for 4 days at Shoreham with my wife and another couple and, overall, we had a good experience except on departure when we asked for airport transportation and the woman at the guest desk in front of reception arranged a collective bus, stopping in a few hotels before heading to the airpot and called us to leave the hotel 5 hours before departure and we had to pay a higher price than a regular taxi! She justified early departure because it was rush hour but forgot (deliberately) to mention about traveling with other people in a seedy bus and other pickups. I believe this is not an external service Shoreham should be linked with as damage seriously its reputation and client satisfaction.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Jelissa R, Director of Operations at Shoreham, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with transportation. Please know that we have taken action to prevent this from happening in the future. Your valuable feedback will help us continue to improve our operations.

Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

We found the Shoreham easy to find and were greeted by friendly reception staff on arrival. There is requirement for a credit card hold of $100 per night incase of damages, however our receptionist reduced the cost for us as she admitted it was an awful lot incase we needed to use our card, nice gesture.

Lobby and bar area are tidy and modern.

The rooms aren’t huge, if that’s what your expecting, but who goes to NYC to spend time in their room? We found ourselves out of the hotel for much longer than we expected and the room was ideal for coming back to after a long day.

My other big compliment would be to the maids who did a fantastic job every day of tidying the room and making the bed etc

The hotel is located to the south of Central Park and is within walking distance of Times Square etc and also close to subway stations for any further journeys.

The hotel staff were helpful upon checking out by looking after our luggage for a few hours before our flights and then organising us a taxi to the airport.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!