“Incredible location, very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreham

Shoreham
Ranked #315 of 475 Hotels in New York City
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Incredible location, very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is the second time that I have stayed at the Shoreham, the first time was 10 years ago ... and I was not disappointed on my recent trip.

The Pros:
-insane location for the price, 1 block from 5th ave, 2 blocks from Central Park and great restaurants just across the street.
- friendly and attentive staff
- comfortable bed.
- updated room, decor was a plus.
- quite room in the back, didn't have a view but that was okay...was too busy being out and about.
The Cons:
- small room but very well appointed. This is NYC, so this is expected...my last name is not trump.
- the bathroom did show some wear but still nice.
- drinks in the bar were over priced and weak.

We are planning another trip in December and plan on staying at the Shoreham again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, they are nice and quite.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Marc K
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Marc k,

Thank You for choosing the Shoreham as your hotel of choice in New York City. I am pleased to learn that you loved the location and our comfortable beds. The location definitely makes our hotel a true hidden gem. I would like to invite you back the next time you visit NYC.

Lisa Grossberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Thai first
Paw Paw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed over the Labor Day weekend and were very pleased. Our first encounter was Amalia who was just great, she got us into our room early and was very helpful with suggestions on sightseeing. All of the staff were excellent and the rooms were very nice (could use a few towel bars in the bath). Location could not have been better. Good value!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Violet099
Dear Violet099,

Thank you staying with us here at The Shoreham and for providing us feedback following your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service experience possible. I’m very pleased that you loved the location of The Shoreham . It’s definitely one of the major features that makes our hotel so special. It brings me great pleasure to know that you were most impressed with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I went on this trip knowing what to expect from the reviews. The staff is certainly friendly and although the room had a pleasant view, the windows definitely needed a good cleaning. Upon arriving at the hotel we were given a free upgrade to a king suite, which had a massage chair (comfy, I might add). The shower had a massage head which was absolutely perfect after roaming the city all day, though the drain lever didn't work and we had to manually set the drain between baths and showers. I was disappointed in the lack of hotel amenities (i.e fridge, in-room coffee maker, etc.). It was a nice stay for the price, and I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Allie R
Dear Allier,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review of The Shoreham on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in New York City.

Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

We attend the US Open each August and stay at a different hotel each time. This year it was the Shoreham. The customer service at the hotel was very good and the location was perfect for us. There is no shortage of restaurants, shopping and entertainment within walking distance and the subway is close as is Central Park. Our room was a little more worn than the pictures on the website would indicate but overall, it as a good value for the money in NYC. The room was small as NY hotel rooms are but it was fully appointed, quiet and clean. Overall, we were satisfied with the hotel and old recommend it to anybody.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wiseacre74
Dear Wiseacre74,

Thank you for your candid and thorough review of The Shoreham Hotel. On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for staying and hope to have you stay with us again.

Oxford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We arrived at the hotel around 1:30 and thought we might have to wait to check in but they generously accommodated us a bit early then the check in time. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The pluses beside location and good customer service-

Lovely comfortable king size bed and pillows and the best shower, I've ever been in at a hotel or perhaps even ever. There is a coffee area downstairs serving tea, coffees and hot chocolate in the morning (only until 11) .There is a Dunkin donuts a couple of doors down which was also convenient. The housekeeping and bellhop were top notch in the helpfulness rating.

The negatives in our particular room hurricane sounding air conditioning, no views and a room that was suppose to be a quad but actually can only accommodate 3. We finally got a rollaway but 'please do not but a junior suite if you have a party of 4... The sofa bed is only a large single. '

The hotel rooms are a bit tired in places but we found it clean otherwise. Might be worth a try if you can get a suite for the price of a regular room. I would suggest checking the rates with the hotel website, as Expedia was more expensive than booking directly and I could have got a suite instead of a junior suite for less money. I tried to get Expedia to match the price but because I didn't sign in with an account when I initially booked they wouldn't honor the price difference.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Laursandian
Dear Laursandian ,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! Overall, we are happy to read that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our amenities as well as our central location. Our staff makes sure to have a great impression on all guest! Please be assured that we continuously review all guest feedback in order to improve our service. On behalf of the entire team we all look forward to having you with us once again very soon.

Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Good location, one block from Central Park, across from the Peninsula, down the block from Henri Bendel. More like a motel than a hotel. Self-serve - carry your own bags. Check in consisted of one person, had to wait for her to finish giving directions to another party who had endless questions. Room was clean and comfy, but they need to get rid of the awful old carpet. No shelves to speak of so hard to maneuver. Bed, though, clean, comfortable. Poor toiletries; bring your own soap and shampoo.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We did, and our room was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Hobar
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreham, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Hobe4r,

Thank you for choosing the Shoreham hotel and leaving us a trip advisor review following your stay. I am pleased to learn that you loved the location of the hotel, the various tourist attractions and subways make a better stay for any guest. I apologize for the miscommunication throughout your stay please feel free to reach out to my assistant directly so that she can give you a complimentary upgrade based on availability.

Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Shoreham before for a several night stay. This time was one night and I recommended it to two business associates that stayed there too. The price for mid-town Manhattan was right!

Centrally located for dinner at Keene's Steakhouse the night before, Astro's, less than a block away, for breakfast (opens at 6 am) and meetings on Madison at 33d Street at 8am.

I wish I could say that the attention to detail was as good as my last visit, but, it was not. The coffee maker in the lobby didn't work right (there's a dunking donut shop that serves coffee a few feet from the hotel) and the computer to print boarding passes was out of order. The desk couldn't even make change for a $20!

I had a penthouse room on the top floor. (The "right tower" has "penthouses". No big deal - just the top floor). My room had no shower room. My room only had a spa-like bathtub elevated above the floor with a VERY high bath tub wall to climb-over. Given that I wanted a quick shower in the morning, this was not an area where the hotel paid much attention to detail.

Hotel soaps, shampoo and conditioner: excellent.

NO MIRROR IN THE HOTEL ROOM, only one in the bathroom! Again, no attention to detail.

NO ELECTRIC PLUGS anywhere easily accessible! Had to find them and get down on my hands and knees to plug them in. Again, a lack of attention to detail.

NO BED-SIDE STAND for me to put my glasses on overnight! Extremely poor attention to detail.

When all is said and done, this is Midtown Manhattan. The Shoreham is a clean, good sleep hotel priced just right to bring me back the next time I'm in town, despite the numerous lacks of attention to detail.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Thomz12345,

We’re delighted you chose to stay with us We always want to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. If you chose to visit us again, check out our special packages for great deals. We’ll also point you towards our favorite places to drink and dine throughout Manhattan. We hope to see you both again in the future!