I've stayed at the Shoreham before for a several night stay. This time was one night and I recommended it to two business associates that stayed there too. The price for mid-town Manhattan was right!
Centrally located for dinner at Keene's Steakhouse the night before, Astro's, less than a block away, for breakfast (opens at 6 am) and meetings on Madison at 33d Street at 8am.
I wish I could say that the attention to detail was as good as my last visit, but, it was not. The coffee maker in the lobby didn't work right (there's a dunking donut shop that serves coffee a few feet from the hotel) and the computer to print boarding passes was out of order. The desk couldn't even make change for a $20!
I had a penthouse room on the top floor. (The "right tower" has "penthouses". No big deal - just the top floor). My room had no shower room. My room only had a spa-like bathtub elevated above the floor with a VERY high bath tub wall to climb-over. Given that I wanted a quick shower in the morning, this was not an area where the hotel paid much attention to detail.
Hotel soaps, shampoo and conditioner: excellent.
NO MIRROR IN THE HOTEL ROOM, only one in the bathroom! Again, no attention to detail.
NO ELECTRIC PLUGS anywhere easily accessible! Had to find them and get down on my hands and knees to plug them in. Again, a lack of attention to detail.
NO BED-SIDE STAND for me to put my glasses on overnight! Extremely poor attention to detail.
When all is said and done, this is Midtown Manhattan. The Shoreham is a clean, good sleep hotel priced just right to bring me back the next time I'm in town, despite the numerous lacks of attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quiet, tucked away oasis near Rockefeller Center in Midtown NYC, The Shoreham Hotel offers a variety of 100% smoke-free, pet-friendly, well-appointed accommodations ranging from our standard rooms to specialty suite rooms with one King, one Queen, or two double beds with deluxe Belgian linens. Signature amenities include invigorating five-head hydro-massage showers available in select rooms, access to wireless Internet and rooms offer flat-screen LG TVs. Guest bathrooms are appointed with high-gloss white marble tile and fixtures, grey slate vanity tops and brushed stainless sinks with satin nickel fixtures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Shoreham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shoreham Hotel New York City
- Shoreham New York City
- Shoreham Hotel New York City